Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think it might be Morsy - Payero - Crooks

Morsy payero with crooks as one of the front 3 is my assumption (especially if we're going with the 523). Though I think it will be morsy and howson for at least the first couple of months as payero acclimatises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Payero isn't as well suited to being an attacking runner and finding the space as was evident against Egypt. He is better receiving the ball and making the inventive passes to the forward runners of watmore, Tav, Ameobi, ikapezu. Like he did against Argentina

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's a bit weird that people are randomly trying to sell off McNair, has it gone that quiet?

I'm not trying to join in with getting him sold but wasn't there some stuff about us being open to selling him at the start of the summer?  Or was it just that there was the odd link with him and a move?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm not trying to join in with getting him sold but wasn't there some stuff about us being open to selling him at the start of the summer?  Or was it just that there was the odd link with him and a move?

Quite possibly, there was lots last summer with Stoke etc but can't really recall for this summer

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Do think you have a point. In a back 4 there's no chance he's starting before Hall or Fry*.

Then in midfield we saw Warnock prefer Howson, Saville and Morsy a lot last season, we've effectively replaced Saville with Crooks. So a presumption on my part, but I'm thinking Warnock will stick with Morsy, Howson and Crooks as a midfield 3. To be totally honest the times McNair has played midfield, in my opinion, he's not been a standout performer. 

That said if we are going to be playing a 3 at the back McNair is absolutely vital for us. His ability on the ball and bringing it out of defence is crucial if we are to play a 3.

* If they are both fit.

I think your final sentence there is key, Fry and Hall won't be fit all season judging off recent history. That said going off pre season I think he's likely to start in midfield alongside Morsy and Payero (if he comes), Crooks will be higher up the pitch

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think your final sentence there is key, Fry and Hall won't be fit all season judging off recent history. That said going off pre season I think he's likely to start in midfield alongside Morsy and Payero (if he comes), Crooks will be higher up the pitch

Where do you think we will play Crooks then?  Out wide or rather tucked in?  If we have a three man midfield then that would only leave 3 spots open ahead of them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Where do you think we will play Crooks then?  Out wide or rather tucked in?  If we have a three man midfield then that would only leave 3 spots open ahead of them?

I think he will play off the striker or as a second striker, he's a strange one because he started as a CB, moved to defensive midfield but his success at the end of the season has predominantly came higher up the pitch either centrally or in the 3 behind the striker.

In reality, I have no idea how we will set up mind but that's just my guess going off pre season games so far. A lot depends on the strikers and attacking midfielders we bring in too

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think he will play off the striker or as a second striker, he's a strange one because he started as a CB, moved to defensive midfield but his success at the end of the season has predominantly came higher up the pitch either centrally or in the 3 behind the striker.

In reality, I have no idea how we will set up mind but that's just my guess going off pre season games so far. A lot depends on the strikers and attacking midfielders we bring in too

It's not just the end of the season, it's two seasons with Rotherham. 10 goals in L1, 7 in the champo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen training video club released today. Did not see Coulson, Wing and Bola.

Bola continued absence from pre season is a worry.

Howson was back and I expect him to get minutes tomorrow.

Bamba and Patterson were also taking part in everything. Would like to see Bamba in action v York tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Just seen training video club released today. Did not see Coulson, Wing and Bola.

Bola continued absence from pre season is a worry.

Howson was back and I expect him to get minutes tomorrow.

Bamba and Patterson were also taking part in everything. Would like to see Bamba in action v York tomorrow.

All three recovering from injury. Coulson did his thigh, Wing is getting a scan on his shin & Bola is still recovering from that hernia.

Think NW said they expect him back for York though, so guess we wait and see!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

All three recovering from injury. Coulson did his thigh, Wing is getting a scan on his shin & Bola is still recovering from that hernia.

Think NW said they expect him back for York though, so guess we wait and see!

Yeah them 3 are injured but Bola injury is worrying. As is Sammy Ameobi’s. Hopefully NW can shed light on that tomorrow evening

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Ahh I'd thought he started the championship season in midfield

Think even when he plays as a CM he plays as an attacking one anyway nowadays, so it's basically the same thing really with him. He's going to be in the box whether he's running there from deep or from near the front.

 

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah them 3 are injured but Bola injury is worrying. As is Sammy Ameobi’s. Hopefully NW can shed light on that tomorrow evening

Yeah the Ameobi one I'm hoping is simply it's lagging behind after the self isolation and it's nothing serious.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Sorry my bad meant Middlehaven, so has the old Cargo Fleet Station opened now?
    • 01/12/1900 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Boro 2 Blackpool 0  Biggest win 9-2 as mentioned below  Hattricks & more in one game v Blackpool  10th December 1938, Wilf Mannion bagged 4 goals at home to Blackpool in the 9-2 thrashing, one more than Micky Fenton Wilf became the 9th different Boro player to score 4 goals in one 1st team game & the 17th in total 7th September 1925 - James McCelland scored all 3 in a 3-2 win at Bloomfield park, in a 2nd division fixture, it was James 1st Boro HT our 5th away HT & 39TH in total James became the 16th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 10TH December 1938 - Micky Fenton scored 3 when the mighty Boro thrashed Blackpool 9-2 at Ayresome Park in 1st division fixture, it was Micky Fenton’s 5th Boro HT,  our 49th home HT & 65TH in total Micky became the 23rd different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 25th November 1950 - Alex McCrae scored 3 goals in a 4-3 home win,  it was Alex’s 3rd Boro HT our 62nd home HT & 80TH in total Alex became the 29th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 15th November 1986 - Bernie Slaven was the 1st Boro player to score a HT after coming out of voluntarily liquidation & the 1st FAC HT v Blackpool It was Bernies 1st Boro HT our 85th home HT & 118TH in total Bernie became the 44th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT It was also our 15th FAC hattrick, of which 11 were at home    Record of Boro v Blackpool  Won 22 Drew  7 Lost 5 Goals scored – 74 Goals against -  40   Did you know:-  1973-74 - Blackpool were one of 2 teams we failed to beat in our  2nd division championship & the only team we failed to score past that season  One of the 1986 legends Gary Parkinson, between 1986-1993 played 243 games for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, in 2001 for one season he signed for Blackpool, his last league club, where he played 24 games One of the 4 famous Carr bothers who played for the mighty Boro John, played 449  goals scoring 81 goals signed for Blackpool in 1930, playing 14 games, scoring 2 goals Micky Burns who John Neal signed in 1978 started out for Blackpool but didn’t play a 1st game for them   
    • It's an abandoned proposal from the early 2010s, sadly.
    • Teesside Park is over a mile from Riverside..  you would need Middlehaven (formerly Cargo Fleet)...  Metro just fancy name for local rail services 
    • Out of interest is this Tees Valley Metro for real? And if so where is the Teesside Park Station located as it must be very close to The Riverside?

×
×
  • Create New...