oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The bright lights of London's West End and a penthouse pad or all those take aways on Linthorpe Road. Tough choice for the poor lad to have to make. 

Joking aside, for an older player with a family there is a lot to offer around Rockliffe within a 40 minute or so commute time. For a young lad thousands of miles from home in a strange country and a language barrier my guess is that London would be a far better option in terms of culture and just the psychological fact that Heathrow is on his doorstep. I can't see places like Harrogate, Durham or even York being of interest to him socially. 

A bit like Juninho... young Brazilian in a different county. Would never join Boro surely.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's still barely kicked a ball at senior level.

I'm all aboard having him as a potential signing, and if we sign him I'd love him to smash it, but there's also a reason that a Championship club is his most likely destination rather than those two.

Athletico madrid were going to sign him, but flamengo put the price up at the last minute and obviously they were very annoyed and the negotiations broke down

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The bright lights of London's West End and a penthouse pad or all those take aways on Linthorpe Road. Tough choice for the poor lad to have to make. 

Joking aside, for an older player with a family there is a lot to offer around Rockliffe within a 40 minute or so commute time. For a young lad thousands of miles from home in a strange country and a language barrier my guess is that London would be a far better option in terms of culture and just the psychological fact that Heathrow is on his doorstep. I can't see places like Harrogate, Durham or even York being of interest to him socially. 

It's true on the face of it, but you never know.

He may have been sold a dream about us building a promotion chasing team around him... better chances of being picked up by a Premier League side in the Summer. They may be able to convince him he'll be a fringe player for Fulham. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's still barely kicked a ball at senior level.

I'm all aboard having him as a potential signing, and if we sign him I'd love him to smash it, but there's also a reason that a Championship club is his most likely destination rather than those two.

He was all set to move to Atletico Madrid though. Flamengo jerked them around and they pulled out, but it was very close to done.

Just now, Humpty said:

What position does he actually play? Do we have any clips of him? Etc. Is he actually any good 😂

Centre forward, just type his name in on YouTube. There is quite a lot of videos due to the athletico madrid link

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Athletico madrid were going to sign him, but flamengo put the price up at the last minute and obviously they were very annoyed and the negotiations broke down

Which I can understand, but the mooted price is very low for a rich top flight club that has just won their league.

It doesn't make it seem like they were that bothered.

Not that that means he wouldn't be a good signing.

Just now, Humpty said:

Different times. Different situation. We swooped on TLF before anyone else had even considered it. Once they had it was too late.

Absolutely, we were a more credible club back then as well with things looking on the up rather than the bones of our backside. Then there are the personality traits which is just as important as footballing ability when scouting, TLF was fairly quiet and unassuming and settled in. Rav and Emerson in contrast came for the money and I doubt if SG is in the same position now as back then.

• Like 1
Just now, nunthorpered said:

Can't people just blindly believe we have pretty much got him and he's automatically a baller because hes Latin American

I can, and do.

• Thanks 3
Just now, nunthorpered said:

And then get on board with Blanco's statement in that we are going up as champions 😂

If we have two South Americans in our squad I don't see how we can't?! Might as well just give us the trophy now tbh.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""