oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's not impossible by any means that we get him even if we match what Fulham offer but it does feel like generally if we go into a race with Fulham to sign somebody, we will have to offer more to secure any deal.

More playing time, perhaps? If you're a young player making your first move to England, would you rather be a regular starter on Teesside or a bench-warmer on Thames-side? It's going to take something special to get into Fulham's starting XI. For me, they're probable champions.

• Angry 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm still waiting for the local papers to pick up on it but from the info out there, it definitely sounds like we are in for one of Muniz or Lazaro. I do believe that if Fulham are willing to negotiate then they will have the upper hand if it is Muniz, I don't put much into the whole "We got Juninho back in the day" thing.

We are 2 Championship clubs looking at promotion, Fulham are arguably in a much better place to go up, they're in a generally favourable area of the country for new players, they will probably offer more in wages and surely can afford to pay more than we can right now to buy him.

It's not impossible by any means that we get him even if we match what Fulham offer but it does feel like generally if we go into a race with Fulham to sign somebody, we will have to offer more to secure any deal.

Totally agree with this.  Think the only way we become the destination is if Fulham aren't prepared to offer Flamengo what they want and we are.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

if we go into a race with Fulham to sign somebody, we will have to offer more to secure any deal.

Sadly that has always been the case for Boro and indeed our NE rivals, to get Players up here we had to overpay.

Just now, RiseAgainst said:

More playing time, perhaps? If you're a young player making your first move to England, would you rather be a regular starter on Teesside or a bench-warmer on Thames-side?

If we go like for like on a deal then yeah, that is definitely something that could swing the lad in our favour. 

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

Sadly that has always been the case for Boro and indeed our NE rivals, to get Players up here we had to overpay.

Aye, it's just sad. I know on a footballer's wage London could be a very different place but I wouldn't swap the North East for London any day of the week.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Aye, it's just sad. I know on a footballer's wage London could be a very different place but I wouldn't swap the North East for London any day of the week.

Also, there are parts of London that have a very big Brazilian communities, which could make a difference. Brazilian Restaurants and shops could be huge for someone as young as Muniz etc. 

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm still waiting for the local papers to pick up on it but from the info out there, it definitely sounds like we are in for one of Muniz or Lazaro. I do believe that if Fulham are willing to negotiate then they will have the upper hand if it is Muniz, I don't put much into the whole "We got Juninho back in the day" thing.

We are 2 Championship clubs looking at promotion, Fulham are arguably in a much better place to go up, they're in a generally favourable area of the country for new players, they will probably offer more in wages and surely can afford to pay more than we can right now to buy him.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19470542.boro-hold-talks-flamengo-move-rodrigo-muniz/

• Like 1

I’ve always felt even since we signed Ikpeazu he wouldn’t be first-choice. He’s a handful don’t get me wrong but there’s quite obvious flaws in his game. Even if we sign Muniz, I still think we’ll bring in a third striker. 

Could be some big updates regarding transfers in the next 24-48 hours.

Warnock’s update tonight after the game.

The press may not release it till Wednesday

Payero might get knocked out the Olympics

Muniz meeting today sorts out his future apparently.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Or a House in the countryside instead of the smoke

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

@diggerlad07 think Muniz has a good chance of happening? I assume we've done our best to sell the club to him and the little fella might of had a word? He'd be starting for us! 

From what I was informed it's unlikely but then again circumstances may of changed as I wouldn't of thought club officials would of met them otherwise.

Structure of deal we are wanting to do is similar to Payero deal where it's installments, bonuses and future sell on clauses.

Banfield need to sell whereas Flamengo dont

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

From what I was informed it's unlikely but then again circumstances may of changed as I wouldn't of thought club officials would of met them otherwise.

Structure of deal we are wanting to do is similar to Payero deal where it's installments, bonuses and future sell on clauses.

Banfield need to sell whereas Flamengo dont

I thought Flamengo do? Isn't that why they'd prefer to sell him outright rather than loan him first?

London is a massive draw when it comes to signing all players especially overseas player. Apart from the shopping, restaurants social and leisure you have the cultural pulls too. then once you add in the transport Gatwick/Heathrow for easy links back to wherever they call home its a no brainer. unless you are a Liverpool Manchester or other big northern club i feel that footballers would rather choose a lesser club in London over a superior club up north that is only compounded when their wives/girlfriends get a say too

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""