Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Humpty said:

The Gazette make a good point today. If our most effective systems is wing back orientated, why haven’t we been recruiting specialist wing backs and why is Djed Spence available for transfer? 

I’m not his biggest fan by a long stretch but RWB suits his attributes down to the ground.

Begs the question are we putting up with a wing back solution until we recruit players more suited to a 433? 

Seems like we’re no where near ready for next season.

Similar question was posed the other night, when we set up with a wing back system but didn't play Spence or Coulson, both of whom have their shortcomings but would appear to be our only actual wing backs.  Turned out Coulson was injured, but if we line up with Tav as LWB we know something is wrong.  

We've not got the players for wing backs, or Warnock doesn't like our wing backs, so why are we running with a system that needs them at all? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I count 27 goals and 17 assists (including Akpom)

 

so if we include Payero as part of the new signings (excluding Pelts)

last season the 4 players in (compared to 6 out) contributed 18 goals and 18 assists, so as long as the 2 additional forwards (ST and Winger) contributed more than 9 goals in their respective teams, we're better placed - and are spending considerably less

Payero, Ikpeazu, Ameobi and Crooks provided 16 goals 11 assists last season

Saville, Akpom, Britt, Marv, Fletch, Bolasie, NML, Kebano, Wing provided 30 goals 23 assists 

The numbers aren't hard to make up by any means but to be down 26 goal contributions with the season so close isn't ideal especially when our goal tally last season was far too low really

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Tweet from an Italian Journalist, do he know something we don’t 🤔 

Twitter bio says he covers Spanish and Italian football transfers. You may be asking yourself why that is relevant, and to that I say the Portuguese journalist reporting on this yesterday stated that Muniz' agent was Spanish/based in Spain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Tweet from an Italian Journalist, do he know something we don’t 🤔 

Interesting but just did a quick search and seems like he's far from a Tier 1 source even in his native Turkey.

Would seem an odd person to have an inside track on this transfer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, macapes said:

Similar question was posed the other night, when we set up with a wing back system but didn't play Spence or Coulson, both of whom have their shortcomings but would appear to be our only actual wing backs.  Turned out Coulson was injured, but if we line up with Tav as LWB we know something is wrong.  

We've not got the players for wing backs, or Warnock doesn't like our wing backs, so why are we running with a system that needs them at all? 

Cause I personally think he does like Bola & Dijksteel as wingbacks, only one is still recovering from surgery and the other isn't actually very good at wing back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Cause I personally think he does like Bola & Dijksteel as wingbacks, only one is still recovering from surgery and the other isn't actually very good at wing back. 

Neither of them spring to mind when I think of wing backs, which probably says something about the style of wing back Warnock might want, I guess.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LBP said:

Payero, Ikpeazu, Ameobi and Crooks provided 16 goals 11 assists last season

Saville, Akpom, Britt, Marv, Fletch, Bolasie, NML, Kebano, Wing provided 30 goals 23 assists 

The numbers aren't hard to make up by any means but to be down 26 goal contributions with the season so close isn't ideal especially when our goal tally last season was far too low really

Ah you're including people not in the pic! ok , then you are right   9 players ocntributed 30 goals and 23 assistes

which averages to 3.33 goals and 2.55 asists per player

my calculations show 4 playes with 18 goals and 18 assits - so the average is 4.5 goals and 4.5 assists per player - plus a bucket load of wages to spend on another 2 or 3 attacking players.  Looks like a positive step for me

crooks 7 -3

Ikpeazu 6 -4

Ameobi 3 -2

Payero 2 - 9 (last proper season) 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

Can’t agree more thought dijksteel best football was always at RCB or RB he was awful yesterday. Surely we are best 4141 with an anchor (morsey) and then two drivers tav and Payero and then two proper wingers.

I’ve been quite surprised to see Djikesteel omitted from quite a few “best xi” …along with Dael Fry I think he has the greatest potential in this squad. I agree with you at right centre half there aren’t many better at this level. I’d like to see a bit more of him in a back 2 to see how he gets on but Djikesteel starts for me whether it’s a back 3 or a back 4.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RichAcklam2404 said:

Could it be possible that he knows about the Akpom to Besiktas deal, maybe that’s going ahead as he’s been told Muniz is coming here? It’s plausible.

Could be a good shout that actually

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, macapes said:

Neither of them spring to mind when I think of wing backs, which probably says something about the style of wing back Warnock might want, I guess.

and I agree, I don't personally think they're wingbacks. I just get the impression that NW likes them as options.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...