oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

7 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!

Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or friday. 

Still looking at more in South America still and a Man City youngster. 

the last few years of cutting costs have freed up some money. Club seem to be going for it

Once again Steve Gibson is showing why he's the best in the business, takes a lot of stick for putting the brakes on things but there's always along term plan with him

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

You have hit the nail on the head... An old face may be returning soon as well in a new role.

I know there is a succession plan but it’s complicated. NW will leave regardless- he wants to go out on a high. Haven’t heard about DofF but was told who the preferred choice is for first team coach. 

• Like 1
Just now, CrazyL said:

I know there is a succession plan but it’s complicated. NW will leave regardless- he wants to go out on a high. Haven’t heard about DofF but was told who the preferred choice is for first team coach. 

You tease... Tell us! 

1 minute ago, mj south said:

Once again Steve Gibson is showing why he's the best in the business, takes a lot of stick for putting the brakes on things but there's always along term plan with him

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

is Leo our lead player negotiator?

guessing Delap is the young city player? would allow Akpom to leave

Don’t know the player apart from he’s been to rockcliffe. Leo has had a big hand in payero and the Brazilian 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

Who’s that then?? 

1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Don’t know the player apart from he’s been to rockcliffe. Leo has had a big hand in payero and the Brazilian 

thanks, well Foden was at Rockliffe recently......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Buzzing with the latest developments and rumours. All this excitement though makes me get ahead of myself! Will hurt if this all comes crashing down. 

I am confident we can get these lads signed.

35 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Not sure if anyone else has this thought..

It really feels like we have a twin track plan at the moment.

So Warnock is buying and dealing for now. 

But Boro are keeping things long term - Warnock said Wing has extended for a year, Coulson going on loan but not sold. And some young exciting players being brought in.

I do wonder whether they know who is replacing Neil next season and are planning ahead. 

Maybe ready too much into things.

Should just have replaced him this summer in that case.  We're still buying players who presumably aren't really for the future or a future manager let's say.  It's still wasting money, even if it's less than we have wasted in the past.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Delighted to see AJ got absolutely battered by Usyk, I've been saying  for weeks that he was severely underestimating his opponent YET AGAIN. He's never going to fight Fury (probably a good thing, Fury would murder him!)
    • A Cardiff v West Brom H Huddersfield v Blackburn H Hull v Blackpool D Middlesbrough v Sheffield Utd A Preston v Stoke H QPR v Birmingham H Barnsley v Nottingham Forest D Derby v Reading H Fulham v Swansea H Luton v Coventry D Millwall v Bristol City A Peterbrough v Bournemouth
    • While we have a regressive Manager playing regressive football which as you say is the complete opposite to us except that when I actually type it it looks real scary. A regressive Manager playing regressive football. How bad can it get and where is it going to take us?  
    • Our fixtures become interesting after Sheffield United. Away to Hull next Saturday then we have a run of Home games to Peterborough and Barnsley then Away to Cardiff, Warnock's old Club who are struggling (although not quite as bad as ourselves), Home to Birmingham, Away to Luton before we go to the Hawthorns to face the Baggies on the 6th Nov. We then have two consecutive Home games against Millwall and Preston before a trip to Huddersfield on the 27th November. On paper there are some very "winnable" games amongst that lot so would it be fair to let Warnock have that run to save himself and get things back on track or is it too risky to let the performances continue and see those potential points frittered away like we have all year? It could be argued that it would be reasonable to give him those games but the reality is that we are seeing nothing that gives us any reason whatsoever that Warnock has a grip and is going to tun it around. There has been little logic, shape or reason as to how he sets his sides up. Our defence is as poor as I have seen from a Boro side in a long time. If we were solid at the back, keeping clean sheets while boring us to death there would at least be some merit in his thinking but porous doesn't begin to describe us. Our Midfield is a disjointed mess, they cant cover and shield the defence and they can't set up attacking passages of play. They seem to run around chasing back (or more likely chasing their man to mark) after we lose possession or running up chasing long punts, then running back again, then running up again meanwhile adding little of merit or quality. It's clear that it is due to tactics rather than them all being useless (including Howson in fairness). Their passing and ball retention is painful to watch rendering them a weak and ineffective unit regardless of personnel. The fact that we are lamenting the loss of a fairly basic clogger in Morsy illustrates just how desperate we have sunk and how low our expectations now are. Attack? I can only chuckle at the thought of us actually looking like we can attack and record efforts be they on or off target. With just about zero threat or opportunities, bereft of any quality of service we look hopeless.  Ikpeazu can be a real handful and Sporar has class yet neither seem to be effective in a Warnock side.  We have played many teams already with far fewer resources than Warnock has at his disposal and have been found wanting on each and every occasion with the exception of bottom of the table Forest who immediately sacked their Manager. Derby are a basket case and a collection of journeymen players and Rooney's nous (Rooney and nous in the same sentence is something I thought I would never be typing) but they comfortably nullified Warnock. Mark Robbins and Coventry (with their own set of off field issues for years) and limited budget of a side bettered us with ease. Reading with an inexperienced Keeper (not that it mattered as his Kit won't need to have been washed by the end of all that added time), and a defence consisting of midfielders square pegged into a makeshift defence kept us at bay with such ease it was demoralising. Then there was Blackpool and copy and paste. A terrible disorganised Defence, a Midfield that seemingly has a confused purpose and an Attack that rarely if ever threatens leaves me with little reason for optimism. I'm not even sure where to begin in terms of sorting it all out as it is so far off the ideal in every single department that it is scary as to how bad we have become and how likely it is to continue unabated because there are absolutely no signs of something clicking or even just misfiring. It's the dampest of damp squibs. Its like the end of Strachan and Mogga all over, all the signs are glaringly obvious and I suspect the players must think the same despite them being "a smashing bunch of lads really". If SG made a change now it could get worse but by how much? If he doesn't it could get better but again by how much? Weighing everything up I can't see anything to suggest anything but more of the same for the last quarter of the year and by that time we could be lamenting more lost points against mediocre to poor sides and seriously deep in relegation territory. Hull and Peterborough will be looking at their fixtures against us and seeing them as winnable six pointers, this against a side that had the Play Offs as the target only a few weeks back.    
    • Warnock shouldn't abuse referees. But I don't think boro fans should be calling our manager expletives online. It makes us all look silly. I imagine if we beat Sheffield United 3-0 then nobody will be calling him a p**** then. He won't be here much longer.