oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, Changing Times said:

And a squad that he can develop himself with a budget that he can spend himself on players that he actually wants.

yeah, of course thats a possible option.

but the club has gone for NW this season, he's bringing in players that improve the squad for pittance, and the club are spending more on quality prospects to help him.  maybe the manager we want won't be avaialble this season. 

Whatever the choises this is the one the club choose, or were left with.

it's a step forward for me, and that's enough

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Based on what?  They were ok for about 20 mins last night and then did next to nothing.

Based on the fact they've been playing football for years? Just because they haven't played in a top end team doesn't mean they can't play. Some players just take longer to develop. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I do.  Let me know when they've done anything in their careers that mark them out as at least top end Championship players cos I haven't seen it?

well, i'd say they did better last season, than the players they've replaced, they offer greater physicallity, and are better suited to our needs.

2 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

For me Britt has got to be the worst business we have ever done as a club

I don’t see it he came here and did what he does. He underperformed last season but other than that he was about par.

I think people had unrealistic expectations of him. He was never going  to be a 30 goal a season man.

Just now, Brunners said:

Based on the fact they've been playing football for years? Just because they haven't played in a top end team doesn't mean they can't play. Some players just take longer to develop. 

Every professional footballer can play then if that is the standard we are going by.  We're looking for players who can play at a certain level aren't we?  Neither of these have shown that so far, to me anyway.  I don't believe if say Derby had signed them both that oneBoro land would be gutted that we'd missed out on them.  We're signing players that may not be wanted by whoever this mystery future manager is.  That's not a good way of doing things.  All of that is assuming it's true of course!

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

well, i'd say they did better last season, than the players they've replaced, they offer greater physicallity, and are better suited to our needs.

Our needs with this manager, who is gone in a year.  Being better than players who had a terrible season doesn't make them good players by itself.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Every professional footballer can play then if that is the standard we are going by.  We're looking for players who can play at a certain level aren't we?  Neither of these have shown that so far, to me anyway.  I don't believe if say Derby had signed them both that oneBoro land would be gutted that we'd missed out on them.  We're signing players that may not be wanted by whoever this mystery future manager is.  That's not a good way of doing things.  All of that is assuming it's true of course!

I actually would be gutted cause I like both Crooks & Uche and had Uche quite high up my list of strikers I wanted.

Crooks I liked the look of when he played vs us and his early pre season performances with us have just backed up what I thought of him. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

i disagree with everything you typed... 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""