• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

What a day! On off On Off

It seems so strange that after years of cutting costs and saving money that we would be so keen to go spend a fortune on a player like Muniz.  I, like many, have got swallowed up in the excitement of it all but he’s unproven really - yes a lot of potential but a hell of a risk to spend that sort of money on.  

Still - I am a little disappointed too!

It's the excitement of the unknown I think.  We've no idea what he is as a player right now really let alone what he could become.  And it is a completely different name to players we've been looking at over the last few years.  The fact that we're at least trying gives me hope of better times ahead potentially.  The success or failure of one transfer attempt is just that.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

In fairness Maja would be much more like one of our targets, striker with a close to 1 in 4 scoring rate 

Much like Muniz, who currently has a 1 in 5 ratio in all competitions.

Maja doesn't thrill me, but he's English and probably wouldn't have too many issues adjusting to living in and around Teesside, at least not in comparison to a young Brazilian who may well need a translator.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

It's the excitement of the unknown I think.  We've no idea what he is as a player right now really let alone what he could become.  And it is a completely different name to players we've been looking at over the last few years.  The fact that we're at least trying gives me hope of better times ahead potentially.  The success or failure of one transfer attempt is just that.

Totally agree - from a fan point of view its exciting - it creates a buzz and after hearing about us looking at league 1 and league 2 players to have this sort of player linked has been great.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

What a day! On off On Off

It seems so strange that after years of cutting costs and saving money that we would be so keen to go spend a fortune on a player like Muniz.  I, like many, have got swallowed up in the excitement of it all but he’s unproven really - yes a lot of potential but a hell of a risk to spend that sort of money on.  

Still - I am a little disappointed too!

It reminds me of when Karanka came in. One minute we had no money and we’re loaning players in like Alex Nimely, then within 2 years were splashing £9m on Rhodes and paying big wages for the likes of Gaston.

1 hour ago, Raf smog said:

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!

Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or friday. 

Still looking at more in South America still and a Man City youngster. 

the last few years of cutting costs have freed up some money. Club seem to be going for it

Patrick Roberts is in City’s first team squad of 24 albeit without a number 😂😂

After not playing him I’m surprised city would want to send anyone back to Warnock!!

Whats our link to city cos there seems to be one!

Cole Palmer?  He’s on the fringes

Tbh I wouldn’t be too bothered if we got Maja instead, or as has been said there will be plenty other decent strikers in Brazil/Argentina if that’s where we’re looking.

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

I'd be happy with Maja too. Good age, knows the area and knows English football. Premier League experience too and would be one of the best strikers in the league.

Would he? Based on what? Genuine question. I’d still be happy enough with him though. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""