Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I don't know how close the relationship is between Boro and the Gazette these days, but the conspiracy theorist in me suspects that Sol Bamba is quite likely to get offered a deal here, and that a few recent Gazette articles singing his praises and highlighting his qualities are paving the way for that announcement to come.

But it could just be that there isn't much else going on to write about, and I'm reading too much into it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I would be shocked if Bamba isn't offered a deal and have felt like that ever since we announced he was training with us.

if Bamba is happy playing backup with a package that reflects that, then his experience and leadership will be welcome

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't know how close the relationship is between Boro and the Gazette these days, but the conspiracy theorist in me suspects that Sol Bamba is quite likely to get offered a deal here, and that a few recent Gazette articles singing his praises and highlighting his qualities are paving the way for that announcement to come.

But it could just be that there isn't much else going on to write about, and I'm reading too much into it

to be fair there are worse things we could do. Sol Bamba for one year as a cover and around to act as a teacher for our young CBs would be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bamba definitely offered a deal. I also think for the right money as a 4th choice CB who can help the 23’s it’s a good call. Means wood can go out on load too for more experience

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Bamba definitely offered a deal. I also think for the right money as a 4th choice CB who can help the 23’s it’s a good call. Means wood can go out on load too for more experience

More jobs for the boys. Just end up needing more players next year. Get younger players in and get them bedded in while we are treading water this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

to be fair there are worse things we could do. Sol Bamba for one year as a cover and around to act as a teacher for our young CBs would be fine.

Yeah, I was against it at first, but considering he'd be backup, probably pretty low wages, effectively the role Woodgate had under Karanka, it isn't the worst thing. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but a 36 year old who has started one game since march 2019 is not a good signing in any way shape or form. It's completely lacking in imagination, a waste of resources and if he hadn't played under Warnock before no one would be happy with this. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Sorry, but a 36 year old who has started one game since march 2019 is not a good signing in any way shape or form. It's completely lacking in imagination, a waste of resources and if he hadn't played under Warnock before no one would be happy with this. 

What if he's on £100 a week

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Sorry, but a 36 year old who has started one game since march 2019 is not a good signing in any way shape or form. It's completely lacking in imagination, a waste of resources and if he hadn't played under Warnock before no one would be happy with this. 

There really are worse things we could do with what I would imagine is a contract that barely touches our resources. It's not so much his previous with Warnock for me, but fact is he was a very good leader whilst he was at Cardiff and teams don't often get promoted without them. The fact our captain is still apparently Jonny Howson at this stage says a lot to me about what's changed in that respect since last season.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...