Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Whilst some people are happy with literally anything Boro do or at least act like they are.

Rather that than act like a I’m completely joyless with regards to anything Boro related 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is he a Brazil U21 international?  I just thought he'd played a handful of senior games so far and was regarded as a prospect.  That would change things I suppose.

my bad, the Brewster example is better

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Rather that than act like a I’m completely joyless with regards to anything Boro related 

Why?  Both are extreme versions of reality.  Seems pointless to me.  If you think a signing is good then say it.  If you think a signing is bad then say it.  I'm not sure I see any benefit to thinking every signing is good or bad? 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

my bad, the Brewster example is better

Are there any other examples then because that looks like one really bad piece of business.  If we looked at the leading scorers in the Championship over the last say 5 years, how many of them would have cost more than we are offering here I wonder?  I haven't looked like, I was just trying to think of different names.  Obviously I know that's different because with a relatively inexperienced player then you're paying a premium for the potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

Are there any other examples then because that looks like one really bad piece of business.  If we looked at the leading scorers in the Championship over the last say 5 years, how many of them would have cost more than we are offering here I wonder?  I haven't looked like, I was just trying to think of different names.  Obviously I know that's different because with a relatively inexperienced player then you're paying a premium for the potential.

can't really think of any, information on Brazillian youth players is hard to find. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

interestingly, one thing we've all kind of overlooked in regards to Muniz - is Work Permit.

It was easy enough to work out Payero, but how does Muniz get the points?

We must know we can get it otherwise we wouldn't have taken it this far.  It's clear that we badly want this lad, we would have looked into all of that by now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

We must know we can get it otherwise we wouldn't have taken it this far.  It's clear that we badly want this lad, we would have looked into all of that by now.

well, I would hope so.... but this is Boro 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

interestingly, one thing we've all kind of overlooked in regards to Muniz - is Work Permit.

It was easy enough to work out Payero, but how does Muniz get the points?

He's been in the matchday squad for Flamengo and they won their league. He qualifies really easily.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

well, I would hope so.... but this is Boro 😄

Now who's being negative 😝

I'm sure we will have.  If we've been looking at multiple South American players then we'll have gone through all of this.  Mind you, someone posted on here the other day that one of the hold ups over Payero was that Banfield wanted the deal to go through even if we didn't get a work permit for him.  So maybe you're right 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He's been in the matchday squad for Flamengo and they won their league. He qualifies really easily.

Plus they are in a Band 1 Continental competition. Group stage last year, currently quarter finalists this season. He's been in a matchday squad both years. 

He could have gotten enough points (15) for a work permit without playing a single minute, purely based on Flamengo's standing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...