oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

As much as I loved Kike, he's not exactly a star.

He's played for two small Spanish clubs and Middlesbrough in his career.

True but I doubt we'll sign a player who had a season as good as he did before he joined us unless we had a highly respected gaffer or trebled their wages

image.png.49e006923026b435f53b2131a7d0e729.png

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I don't get how you are assuming they are nailed on to get promoted too, they're a better side and proposition than us there is no doubting that but they are no more guaranteed to get promotion than we were after relegation. The reality is we are two second division sides who haven't been consistently in the prem for years and he will be using either one of us as a stepping stone

I am not saying they are nailed on to.  Statistically they have about 1 in 3 chance I think.  

But then when you look at the clubs that have/haven't managed to they have a couple of things straight off in their favour:

1.  There has been no mass exodus of players.

2.  They have a striker in Mitrovic who has proven goals in the championship

The obvious negative is:

1. Change of manager

My point in terms of them going up is they are more likely than us to do so.  They are favourites in the market - which granted is again no certainty but I bet if you asked 100 people with no bias who was more likely to go up it would be pretty obvious the answer.

Is Maja actually any good? Hasn’t his only good season came in league 1? Don’t think he even scored 20 goals that year either ?

Genuine question, don’t know all that much about him bar his name.

Rotherham press on why Wing went to Sheff Wed - they simply couldn’t compete with the financial muscle at Hillsborough.

“I loved him,” Warne said. “He was the first player I tried to bring back. The lads loved him and he had a really good time here. He played really good football.

“I’d like to think it is pretty obvious why he hasn’t come back here.”

5 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Is Maja actually any good? Hasn’t his only good season came in league 1? Don’t think he even scored 20 goals that year either ?

Genuine question, don’t know all that much about him bar his name.

That’s my concern really. 3 goals for Fulham in prem, 7 for Bordeaux in all comps and 17 in all comps for Sunderland and inc 1 for Bordeaux the year before. I think he will get goals and is only young but we have a distinguished history of scuppering strikers at boro so would almost expect goals to go down not up 😂

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I am not saying they are nailed on to.  Statistically they have about 1 in 3 chance I think.  

But then when you look at the clubs that have/haven't managed to they have a couple of things straight off in their favour:

1.  There has been no mass exodus of players.

2.  They have a striker in Mitrovic who has proven goals in the championship

The obvious negative is:

1. Change of manager

My point in terms of them going up is they are more likely than us to do so.  They are favourites in the market - which granted is again no certainty but I bet if you asked 100 people with no bias who was more likely to go up it would be pretty obvious the answer.

They are more likely, not sure anyone is arguing that but you don't need to be persuasive by bulling them up in every area and finding huge negatives or putting answers like Neil for us.

All having a proven championship striker does is make him starting and showing his value less likely, they also have a manager who has never managed in the championship and arguably has never been particularly successful in England

33 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:
41 minutes ago, LBP said:

Hopefully our next manager will be one that makes a difference in attracting players like Muniz 

Bring back the days of signing the likes of Kike, Stuani, etc because of Karanka's reputation in Spain 

Worked brilliantly at Birmingham

I don't think he's specifically asking for Karanka to come back. Just someone who foreign players want to sign for.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""