oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, JTG said:

Haven’t really kept up with Maja at Bordeaux but from what I saw of him at Sunderland he looked handy. Very good finisher and was clearly a cut above league 1.

I do worry though that he’s maybe a bit lightweight and not the best at holding up the ball and bringing others into play which is what we were crying out for last season.

We’ve got Ikpeazu for that 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I think I am actually relieved that the Muniz saga is over and more importantly that we haven't blown all our cash on an unknown quantity. Granted the lad may go on to be sold for £100m and will no doubt enter the Folarin Boro folklore tales of remember when but he is just as likely to be another de Pena or Moreno or even another Alves who on paper at least seemed to have far more chance of making it in the English game.

Payero is another risk as despite talent we don't know how he will settle into the area or to life so far away from home in an entirely different culture. Those are huge asks for any young person and to have two of them with so much invested and riding on them would be a huge concern. 

I think the basic concept and idea is a good one but for where we are and what we can afford right now we need to be looking just a little lower under the radar in future which also means we are talking future investment rather than for the here and now.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Parmos? Really? I think our stadium and training facilities are far superior to Fulham’s. Our manager has a track record of promotions (Marco Silva not so much) and our chairman has one of the best reputations in the game. As far as living quarters you can live like a king near Rockcliffe in comparison you would do well to get beyond a poxy flat in London. As a young player I would prefer to learn the language and have players around me that will compliment my game. Beyond a sightseeing tour in London the novelty will soon wear off.. if that’s all his after then maybe we’ve dodged a bullet? The Brazilian Lee Dong-Gook anyone?

Fenerbache is an interesting one. Big club, huge stadium.. feels a bit like a move to Celtic or Rangers for me. 

Four shredded wheat for Josh Coburn?

GET ON IT!!

On the money he will be on he won’t be moving in a poxy flat in central london, will he?

Quarter of a week’s wages gets him a 3 bed penthouse overlooking the Thames, 15 minutes walk to the stadium. If he wanted to be thrifty he can go further afield. Doubt he will be concerned about missing out in living in the sticks at rockliffe, with all the nightlife and culture being on the outskirts of Darlington has to offer compared to London. 

Manager speaks his language, more people there for his culture, when he goes shopping it will be Waitrose and massive department stores, not Morrisons and Flannels, and much easier flights back home.  Can’t see that sort of thing being a “novelty”, even if he learns the language it will be a gradual thing. 

1 minute ago, JTG said:

Only if we’re going to play a 2 striker system which Warnock has never really indicated so far.

Fair point. Let’s hope the akpom to Turkey rumours are true. Regardless of who we bring in they’ll have to go some to be more ineffective than Chuba has been. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think I am actually relieved that the Muniz saga is over and more importantly that we haven't blown all our cash on an unknown quantity. Granted the lad may go on to be sold for £100m and will no doubt enter the Folarin Boro folklore tales of remember when but he is just as likely to be another de Pena or Moreno or even another Alves who on paper at least seemed to have far more chance of making it in the English game.

Payero is another risk as despite talent we don't know how he will settle into the area or to life so far away from home in an entirely different culture. Those are huge asks for any young person and to have two of them with so much invested and riding on them would be a huge concern. 

I think the basic concept and idea is a good one but for where we are and what we can afford right now we need to be looking just a little lower under the radar in future which also means we are talking future investment rather than for the here and now.

This 100%, was exciting for a bit but bored of it now. 

3 minutes ago, AsheAshe said:

That was a really weird post to make. 

Isn't it just that weird guy that makes loads of accounts and replies to himself? Everytime he comes on seems to be a few accounts that haven't posted in years suddenly active again

I could just be wearing a tin foil hat like 

6 minutes ago, LBP said:

Isn't it just that weird guy that makes loads of accounts and replies to himself? Everytime he comes on seems to be a few accounts that haven't posted in years suddenly active again

I could just be wearing a tin foil hat like 

Newyddion is a genuine poster on FMTTM & regular in transfer chats  Boro legend made the post to him last night I think saying what you quoted and told him to stop ignoring him. Very weird to try and tell someone you know their online identity & real name 

Rob at FMTTM has met boro legend and for whatever reason affords him the keys to the city. 

• Like 3

Even Mark Page would struggle to shout loudly enough for the dead to hear him. What a weird idea - a tannoy announcement at a football game about someone dying (when they actually hadn't).

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Even Mark Page would struggle to shout loudly enough for the dead to hear him. What a weird idea - a tannoy announcement at a football game about someone dying (when they actually hadn't).

Well I doubt MP will be doing any announcing any time soon 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, AsheAshe said:

Rob at FMTTM has met boro legend and for whatever reason affords him the keys to the city. 

Rob's met me too, and I didn't even get the keys to his Sierra for a half-hour 'joy'' ride.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

You just have to know where to look...    🙂     Been breeding up here for over a decade..

Not to mention the Norwegian Grey's

What about the Norwegian Blue😄

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""