oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, scotty189 said:

Imagine that was my pick a few year back, absolute hot head but would be immense.  Too much surely though

at least he would get the same amount of red cards as Costa!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Wonder what the future holds for Darren Randolph, would anyone have him back? Fabianski and now Areola ahead of him. The only thing is I can’t see him leaving London. He’s currently in a relationship with former X Factor winner Alexander Burke who’s starring in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Can’t believe they’ve axed X Factor btw. Devastated. 

I'd have Randolph back in a heartbeat. One of the best keepers we've had in recent years.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Mikkel Beck is/was a player agent, which would certainly give him the contacts you might want for a DoF.

This is a good shout, although I haven't heard anything that he'd like to move into management. He's got a good life in Monaco and is building a good reputation as an agent. Would he sacrifice that life to become DoF at a small club in the north east of England? Can you be an agent and a DoF at the same time? 

9 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I'd have Randolph back in a heartbeat. One of the best keepers we've had in recent years.

True, I especially like the way he saves his blunders for when we are already getting hammered. Get the mistakes out of the way and lose 3 nil, rather than mess up when we're 1 nil up

Randolph still has problems with his thigh injury, which he's had since his time here, so it's a no from me, but would like another keeper to provide real competition for places.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Payero said:

Boro fans always have a clammering for ex players it seems. I'd leave Randolph in the past. Let's give Lumley a chance.

you'll get very used to that on here mate, ex players are a favourite around here.

9 hours ago, Brisbrough said:

Somebody on Boropolis Twitter just mentioned a mystery striker is Ezequiel Ponce, don’t know if it’s been mentioned already? 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezequiel_Ponce

This has gone a bit unnoticed. It's probably just a guess like so many on here but it looks doable. Moscow only paid 3 million Euros for him two years ago and he hasn't been a massive succes, so we could probably get him for what we were willing to pay for Muniz. At 24 he's got very good experience with almost 130 appearances in the top leagues of Russia, Spain, Greece and France. A 1 in 3 striker in the last two years in Russia and prior to that 1 in 2 for Athens.

1 minute ago, Payero said:

Hes a good goalkeeper but we have brought Lumley here I believe for him to be the number one. To not give him that opportunity after signing him would be wrong.

Why would he not have the opportunity to become No. 1? If he's better than Randolph, he'll start. The more competition the better.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""