oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Apologies if it's been mentioned already but Norwich have a vacancy for a "Head of Technical Scouting".

Think that may all but confirm Scott is off.

It’s done isn’t it, he’s ours.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Apologies if it's been mentioned already but Norwich have a vacancy for a "Head of Technical Scouting".

I'm not sure, that could be related to them losing Chris Jones, the club's former lead domestic and European scout. He went to Crystal Palace this summer.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I'm not sure, that could be related to them losing Chris Jones, the club's former lead domestic and European scout. He went to Crystal Palace this summer.

You could be right to be fair. The brief does mention the success applicant would report into the "Head of Recruitment" (Scott's current role). 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

on another note solid game in goal for Zach Hemmings tonight. lots of praise from the commentators

He didn't have a lot to do . The stand out player was Eniss Cameron , Killy CF , age 20, who is a target man and a proper handful. H1.9m , he could be the perfect back up to Uche, and a better option to Delap. Get in quick , because he will be snapped up. Murray LM LW also decent. Burrell and Hemings on loan to Killy , so we will be well aware of them , maybe loan them Coburn and another to sway it. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Payero said:

You need to be very careful with the Scottish leagues. A lot of the players are league 2 and below standard 

So a CF from Killie looks a better option than Delap who is massively rated 😂

I'd prefer to avoid loan ST's.

If they do well you just increase their value meaning you can't afford them.

I get that he's highly rated but I'd much prefer to either use Coburn or sign someone cheap or on a free as they'll hardly play.

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'd prefer to avoid loan ST's.

If they do well you just increase their value meaning you can't afford them.

I get that he's highly rated but I'd much prefer to either use Coburn or sign someone cheap or on a free as they'll hardly play.

I'd quite like to see Coburn used a bit this season too though if the plan is to loan him out, I'd rather we didn't sign a permanent striker in his place.

Coburn could probably benefit from just having 6-12 months training with the first team though. He's still very young so part of me prefers the idea of keeping him around but just having him as part of the first team squad.

• Like 1

i think Coburn will get his fair share of time .. He is a Warnock type player. That's why I presume he will get minutes ..  I think he is before Cakpom in line, if Uche gets injured

• Like 1

Judging by that Boupendza video, Britt might actually manage to bag himself a canny few goals over in Turkey. The quality of goalkeeping looks horrendous.

I’m not too fussed about Delap (think he’d choose Stoke ahead of us anyway) . Im sure he will become a good player but agree about increasing someone else’s value.  It’s not really building for future unless there are option to buys in there.  Also can’t see him starting over Uche.  Finally, If I were Man City I’d think twice about Boro anyway after Harrison/Roberts/Nmecha.  

14 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I’m not too fussed about Delap (think he’d choose Stoke ahead of us anyway) . Im sure he will become a good player but agree about increasing someone else’s value.  It’s not really building for future unless there are option to buys in there.  Also can’t see him starting over Uche.  Finally, If I were Man City I’d think twice about Boro anyway after Harrison/Roberts/Nmecha.  

👍🏻

8 hours ago, Boroinredcar said:

So a CF from Killie looks a better option than Delap who is massively rated 😂

Delap has many suitors, so we can't guarantee we would get him, plus, he is owned by City, so alll any one is doing is helping them improve the player who will go back to them.Cameron is an affordable back up to Uche, and could become the next Delap. So Yes , he is a better option.

6 hours ago, newyddion said:

Is Balotelli gonna be setting up Britt with 6-8 chances a game?

Good point. I can't see either of them working together or working for the team. They will just have two total passengers up front. 

10 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Striker.

Today's news regarding Keiron Scott doesn't change the possible familiar face coming back to the club. I'm sure more will get leaked in the next month's or so regarding this.

Hey that statement certainly gives you plenty of wriggle time DL07😉

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

CT here is your chance mate and all the best with the interview process😉

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""