oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I’d be willing to accept a bit of mediocrity in the short term if it allows Scott more room to manoeuvre when he gets going. We are in a bit of limbo now but we just need to be patient until at least January depending where we are in the league.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Because we are preparing long term? If Kieran Scott comes in then he will look for the attackers which he thinks will be effective for the next manager

That was a quick promotion challenge then 

4 minutes ago, CWC said:

I still don’t think Ikpeazu will be our first-choice striker. 

The new striker the gazette mentioned definitely seems like he will be the first choice. 

13 minutes ago, newyddion said:

The transfer window is still open and we're looking to bring in anther two strikers.. could be worse. I wouldn't say that I'm easily pleased, I can see we are moving in the right direction and the players that we have brought in are an improvement on last seasons. 

Newy is defo more glass half-full compared to me as the window ticks by 🤣, but I would be perfectly happy with a point away to Fulham Sunday and think we can achieve that with what we have in the squad currently. 

The window is still open though and I am hoping that whoever else comes in, the panic will be over among a lot of us about the team we're going to end up with. 

Glad the Payero deal was done, and hope this mystery striker name we're looking at bringing in is an exciting name that we will beat others to and one we'll be chuffed with. Another one or two in addition, and we should be ok. Fingers crossed it will all work out by the time the window is closed. The likes of Newy keep me going with hope! 

Edited by Cosmonaut
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Joes Lumley is better than Marcus Betinelli
Martin Payero has been brought in to replace George Saville
Matt Crookes looks more effective than Lewis Wing
Sammy Ameobi brings more in attack to the team than Marvin Johnson
Uche Ikpeazu looks to bring more to the table than Chuba Akpom
Lee Peltier is better than an injured Darnell Fisher
Sol Bamba is better than not having anyone when Nathan Wood is out on loan..

plenty of work still to be done, but we're making improvements to a decent squad with a strong core. 

Agree with some of this, don’t necessarily think Ameobi is going to bring more then Johnson. You forget to mention though that we haven’t replaced Bolasie, Kebano, NML and one of Fletcher/Britt (Uche effectively replaces one). We are still massively weak in the attacking positions (again). I’d love the club to sign a quality striker and a real quality first 11 winger. I think we need it. There’s no where near enough goals or even creativity in this team atm imo.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, newyddion said:

EXACTLY!  we are still to sign two strikers and at least another winger and the signings that we've made so far have been an improvement on what we had last season. 

(Ameobi is in a different league to Johnson btw)

Based on last season, a lower one.  More minutes, less goals/assists.

6 minutes ago, newyddion said:

EXACTLY!  we are still to sign two strikers and at least another winger and the signings that we've made so far have been an improvement on what we had last season. 

(Ameobi is in a different league to Johnson btw)

Will we ever find out whats wrong with ameobi ? Has he had a leg amputated or something

1 minute ago, macapes said:

Based on last season, a lower one.  More minutes, less goals/assists.

I always thought poor Marv was a handy squad player and got a bit of a harsh rep on here 🤷‍♂️

The only real stinkers he had were when Poolis played him in defence. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""