oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Only way it makes sense is if maybe we have changed our offer from 6 million for 50% to 8 million for 80% like fulham. 

I just couldn't understand why we'd do it if Fulham can't get the deal done?  Why would we match an offer that isn't happening?

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I just couldn't understand why we'd do it if Fulham can't get the deal done?  Why would we match an offer that isn't happening?

Id assume we're offering 8m for 80% paying in 3 payments.. 

Instead of 7.5m for 50% in 3 instalments

(if the previous deal was as reported) 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Fulham had their offer accepted, then wanted it changed to what ours was I think. I personally think it is just flamengo trying to get fulham to hurry up though, pretty sure I saw it mentioned that flamengo needed the money to buy some midfielder

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Fulham had their offer accepted, then wanted it changed to what ours was I think. I personally think it is just flamengo trying to get fulham to hurry up though, pretty sure I saw it mentioned that flamengo needed the money to buy some midfielder

That's what I think it is as well.  

I've no expectations of him coming here, so I'm not going to get invested in that again, but I'd have no issue with him coming here if we did win in the end.

People can say he didn't want to be here, but we signed Bolasie after he'd uploaded a video on Instagram saying "thank god" when a previous window shut and he didn't end up at Middlesbrough after weeks of rumours.

He ended up being decent both on and off the pitch despite that.

That was going a bit further than preferring to sign for Fulham too.

• Like 5

Surely if it was flamengo trying to hurry Fulham they’d give the story to a more reputable source like the bloke with 300k followers. Personally think it’s just a nothing tweet 

7 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Surely if it was flamengo trying to hurry Fulham they’d give the story to a more reputable source like the bloke with 300k followers. Personally think it’s just a nothing tweet 

Dude does have 80k twitter followers and 1.5m youtube followers, he's a journalism student it looks like

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Dude does have 80k twitter followers and 1.5m youtube followers, he's a journalism student it looks like

It doesn’t matter how many people it reaches, it matters what Fulham think when they see it. Just like we aren’t, I don’t think they’ll be hugely convinced of the stories legitimacy coming from a YouTuber 

So my understanding is that we have already agreed a deal with Flamengo, and this 'exclusive' is saying we have matched Fulham's offer for Muniz himself ie wages etc..

He follows up the tweet saying Fulham so haven't managed an agreement with Flamengo

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BearSmog said:

So my understanding is that we have already agreed a deal with Flamengo, and this 'exclusive' is saying we have matched Fulham's offer for Muniz himself ie wages etc..

He follows up the tweet saying Fulham so haven't managed an agreement with Flamengo

has the idea of a Parmo and cheap beer turned Muniz around?

4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

has the idea of a Parmo and cheap beer turned Muniz around?

Or he's thinking Fulham aren't going to match our package with Flamengo and doesn't want to miss out on a move to England and £££

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Agree this is a possibility that just doesn't get translated very well.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""