oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Nothing official, think everyone has just agreed it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. Morsy said today he expects him to sign.

Ah ok. Cheers. Not seen Morsy interview or the Warnock on sky one either. Probs see links to both tomorrow.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Ah ok. Cheers. Not seen Morsy interview or the Warnock on sky one either. Probs see links to both tomorrow.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/exclusive-sam-morsy-reveals-sol-bambas-impact-how-he-gets-on-with-matt-crooks-and-who-is-the-fastest-go-karter-at-middlesbrough-3332620

here's the morsy one for you. Good read.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Nothing official, think everyone has just agreed it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. Morsy said today he expects him to sign.

I think it was a foregone conclusion from the moment he rocked up here.  Warnock looks after people who have done it for him in the past.  He said as much himself in the Gazette.

• Like 2

I am totally ok with Bamba signing.  By all accounts we seem set to play 3 at the back and I would imagine Bamba would be 5th/6th choice if we get this left sided defender in.

The first 3 for the CB positions are obvious and then i think it would be the left footed centre back who would be back up and after that POSSIBLY even Dijksteel ahead of Bamba in middle given his pace with Spence/Peltier at RWB. Or keep Dijk where he is and play Bamba. He a good competent defender.

Either way I dont think you going to get a much better choice to be your 5/6th choice CB than him at this level.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

A flat 50% is way too risky when you pay a big fee in the first place as your next sale would have to be a very big one to even break even, so I really can’t imagine we will be that stupid. 

It's just the way it was written. It might be stupid but so could paying a bigger fee up front.

One way or another, you could end up losing money on the player you didn't want to. Pay a bigger fee up front and he doesn't score any goals and you look like a chump and there's not a lot you can do about that.

Pay a small fee up front with a 50% sell on, if he does nowt then you're not losing an awful lot relatively speaking but you take the hit if he does do well.

And to be fair, at that point, we have a player who's done very well but we still control the fee we sell him for. If somebody else really wants him, they have to take that into account just as we do when we buy players with a sell-on percentage. That percentage in some way just gets passed on to the club trying to buy so we still make closer to what we want from the transfer.

10 minutes ago, newyddion said:

The bits I’ve read seem to suggest retaining 50% or 20% ownership so that would effect the total future transfer fee. 

It’s not retaining ownership because that’s not allowed in English football. 

35 minutes ago, newyddion said:

But if it’s 20% or 50% of a future sale it is effectively retaining ownership.. 

It isn't in the sense that they have no say in who we would sell him to or the value of the sale.  It's a way for them to potentially make more income but they lose the ability to influence any decisions.  Although there are ways around that as well.

1 hour ago, Rat catcher said:

Sol Bamba a 36 year old defender is there anybody in the football world that would actually sign him.......? Yes the Boro. We could not run a chip shop never mind a top flight football club.

Sam Morsy quote on Sol Bamba:

”What an amazing guy he is,” says Morsy. "I’m presuminging he’s going to sign and he’s just given the place a huge lift.

"His story and having bounced back is an inspiration really. I remember his first training session and thinking wow, he’s a proper player”.

That will do for me👍

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""