oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

17 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

yay, Scott is bringing a team of people with him - meaning we don't start at scratch

NEIL Warnock has confirmed Middlesbrough have made a Sporting Director appointment amid strong reports Kieran Scott is set to join from Norwich City.

Canaries Head of Recruitment is set to make the switch to Teesside after overseeing a number of successful campaigns with the club, including two promotions to the Premier League. 

The position at Boro has been vacant since 2019 and Scott is set to bring a team of people with him as the club look to build a team capable of mounting a promotion push back to the Premier League.

Warnock told Talksport this morning: “They’ve brought a new sporting director in who is starting shortly so I would imagine things will change in the next 12 months

“I’m not going to be working ten years so they have to look forward to the future so that doesn’t bother me.

“They have to think what’s right for the club and then look forward to how they are going to sustain it.

“Everyone is looking for something different and they’ve decided to go down that way.

“We’ll have to see what happens and he’s a good bloke apparently from what I’ve heard. He's from Norwich City."

Can’t help but feel like there’s two separate things going on and Warnock seems to be kept out of it. Like he doesn’t know anything about what’s going on. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Nixon later reported that the absence of a wage figure was down to the EFL not telling the club what they’re allowed to pay players under their current sanctions and that talks are currently ongoing. Not ideal but not quite as dark as originally posted by him.

"There are no wages on the contracts because the EFL need to tell Derby what they can pay and to how many in the next 24/25 hours.”

3 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Can’t help but feel like there’s two separate things going on and Warnock seems to be kept out of it. Like he doesn’t know anything about what’s going on. 

I don’t get that feeling myself. I think they’re try to support NW with the signings he wants but also set things up for when he’s gone in around 9 months time. The club get hammered for lack of preparation. This time they are ensuring they are ready for next season. Or at least that’s how I see it 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Which particular thread is most enjoyable to read?

The latest from the club via Chris Coles seems to be the big thread they're discussing it in.

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Nixon later reported that the absence of a wage figure was down to the EFL not telling the club what they’re allowed to pay players under their current sanctions and that talks are currently ongoing. Not ideal but not quite as dark as originally posted by him.

"There are no wages on the contracts because the EFL need to tell Derby what they can pay and to how many in the next 24/25 hours.”

It's down to the EFL not saying whether they can increase the wages. They know the figure currently is 4.5k per week, that's public knowledge.

13 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Yeah, reading between the lines (dangerous I know) but it sounded like Warnock was either playing a straight bat or possibly that he was a bit put out, maybe he was hoping for an upstairs role for himself. It sounds like Scott will be bringing in his own trusted foot soldiers, which has to be a good thing, moving away from our jobs for the boys approach. I dare say Scotty will be working on 2 plans based on what division we might be in and a Head Coach that will be suitable alongside the new set up. The future is looking rosier and we have a forward plan post Warnock wherever we are. I am sure Neil will be doing his best to get us up, but if we are still a championship club, then at least we have hope that a new regime and set up brings will be taking shape. I feel really positive about the next 3 years and feel confident we will be back where we belong if we keep the faith 👍

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

“Two or three others we’ve been close to a few times and I’m sure we’ll get them before the end of the window.

what do we make of this quote from Warnock? 

probably waiting for the selling club to bring in their targets before releasing

4 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Yeah, reading between the lines (dangerous I know) but it sounded like Warnock was either playing a straight bat or possibly that he was a bit put out, maybe he was hoping for an upstairs role for himself. It sounds like Scott will be bringing in his own trusted foot soldiers, which has to be a good thing, moving away from our jobs for the boys approach. I dare say Scotty will be working on 2 plans based on what division we might be in and a Head Coach that will be suitable alongside the new set up. The future is looking rosier and we have a forward plan post Warnock wherever we are. I am sure Neil will be doing his best to get us up, but if we are still a championship club, then at least we have hope that a new regime and set up brings will be taking shape. I feel really positive about the next 3 years and feel confident we will be back where we belong if we keep the faith 👍

Championship or League 1?

20 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

There's no reason Warnock should be having any say in terms of a sporting director so I don't see why that matters.

• Like 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""