oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Just now, Youngy228 said:

Was thinking about Warnock’s interview with TalkSPORT this morning where he confirmed Kieran Scott. He basically said doesn’t matter to him cos he won’t be here.

Maybe there was nothing in the way he said it but I’ve had the feeling the last few weeks that he’s a bit frustrated. Think he expected to have 1 more season and maybe have brought in one or two more of ‘his’ players. I’m now getting the feeling that the club are seeing next season as a have a go for playoffs but the season after is when the real plan starts

Maybe he is a little frustrated but he is getting one more season; this season. He might not get every player he wants but the alternative is we do fulfil all his fantasies this summer and get left with having to deal with them next summer when he leaves, setting us back in the long term.

He'll be frustrated if he's not in control of the way things go from here but I'm sure he understands why that has to be the case. It also takes a hell of a lot of pressure off us and him for this season, I feel. This is probably the most comfortable job he could have now.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

No idea, but it's printed in the echo 

I just read it and it's not mentioned there.  No big deal like I just wondered where that bit came from cos I couldn't see it in the Gazette, and it's not in the Echo either.  Looks like it was from a Talksport interview this morning, although there's nothing about a team coming with him in that either.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I just read it and it's not mentioned there.  No big deal like I just wondered where that bit came from cos I couldn't see it in the Gazette, and it's not in the Echo either.  Looks like it was from a Talksport interview this morning, although there's nothing about a team coming with him in that either.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19493599.kieran-scott-set-join-boro-sporting-director/

3rd paragraph 

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He hasn’t got a team to bring 😁

but if he goes down the same route as Webber then we should see a lot of coming and going’s behind the scenes 

When Kieran Scott is putting together his team, it wouldn't surprise me to see us optimistically target Mike Rigg who has been let go from his role of technical director by Burnley. Their new owners seems to be ripping up all the excellent infrastructure behind the scenes, which had them consistently punching above their weight for a long time. Considering he used to be Technical Director at Burnley, it'd be a huge coup to attract him here to work below Scott.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/technical-director-mike-rigg-leaving-burnley

55 minutes ago, ABH said:

I haven’t read the article but does it say the reason that braithwaite spat he’s dummy out in the July was because he knew the club was going to appoint pulis 5 months later?

No.

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Got to be something in this. A very strange link if not

Just a quick check, Cemil Yıldız is the Editor-in-Chief of the Antakya Gazetesi, which looks to be a local paper covering Hatayspor. And it does look like it might actually be that person's account.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""