• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Tuncay played for us. Maybe we are quite well known in Turkey? We are probably one of the bigger teams in the championship too

All our games in the Tuncay period were on Turkish TV.

In the actual newspaper there is nothing about what he has said there although it simply might not have been written yet.  Just an article from today that says they intend to offer him a contract extension if they can't sell him.  This is taken from an interview given to another outlet called TRT Spor.  In that article it is said that they want 8 million euros for him, that there are 4 teams interested, but they are willing to let him leave if the fee that they want is matched.    

13 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If we get Boupendza and the striker @diggerlad07says we’re after I might just pass away

If we are seriously getting boupendza I have a feeling the ‘mystery striker’ may have finally been the ‘smoke screen’ weve been talking about for years.

Hopefully we can get this Boupendza in. 

Assuming Ameobi is crocked, Browne crocked aswell, am I right in thinking we literally only have Watmore/Tav and Uche for those front 3 positions? Then we are into youth players. Tav and Watmore are hardly reliable injury wise either.

Whether it's a inside forward or more of a winger we are in desperate need of quality. Bolasie or Samuel would be great aswell. 

47 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

Its difficult to take Braithwaite's side of the story as the truth when we all saw the way he downed tools after the transfer window shut. Its true that we'll never know what was said behind closed doors, but we did see his performances and motivation decline.

And of course he was loaned out shortly after Pulis joined, so either Pulis had built up a vendetta against him before he even joined the club, or he decided Braithwaite's attitude was questionable during those first few weeks. Either way, Braithwaite seemingly couldn't wait to go to Bordeaux only a few months after signing for us. Once you do that, the fans are never going to look favourably on you.

People on here must have never fallen foul of a boss or had one that they simply couldn't stick or perhaps its all different in the football world.

My theory is pretty simple, I haven't heard anything about Braithwaite's attitude anywhere else he has been or indeed with the Danish National side and thus far he has had a fairly decent career at a high level including several different Countries, strange that. When he joined us he was approachable and friendly towards the fans and even tried the obligatory Parmo up Linthorpe Road.

I'm not Inspector Clouseau but clearly something happened during his time here that hasn't happened anywhere else he has been. My only problem in that theory is of course that TP is a thoroughly decent honest chap with a massive reputation for his integrity and playing fast flowing, exciting entertaining football with top class players so there couldn't possibly be any blame at his door. I mean Pulis always loved a great Striker especially all that time he invested in them (that was a cynical tongue in cheek comment by the way just in case it's actually believed).

It's not even as though the Club themselves have "previous" for spinning yarns (or should that be threads, Golden ones at that). Throw in that apparently the Club were skint and needed cash or at least that was what Pulis was doing was it not, saving SG a load of money and sorting the Club out? A Footballer's career is a very short one and being focussed on achieving success rather than sat stealing a living for four years of a lucrative contract I would think are very commendable traits in a footballer. Still some people believe any old guff, as the saying goes you can fool some of the people.............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Another Turkish account has tweeted there has been developments with boupendza and he’ll tweet the details shortly 

Link?

3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Hopefully we can get this Boupendza in. 

Assuming Ameobi is crocked, Browne crocked aswell, am I right in thinking we literally only have Watmore/Tav and Uche for those front 3 positions? Then we are into youth players. Tav and Watmore are hardly reliable injury wise either.

Whether it's a inside forward or more of a winger we are in desperate need of quality. Bolasie or Samuel would be great aswell. 

fwiw Coulson and Akpom are both still here 

4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

People on here must have never fallen foul of a boss or had one that they simply couldn't stick or perhaps its all different in the football world.

My theory is pretty simple, I haven't heard anything about Braithwaite's attitude anywhere else he has been or indeed with the Danish National side and thus far he has had a fairly decent career at a high level including several different Countries, strange that. When he joined us he was approachable and friendly towards the fans and even tried the obligatory Parmo up Linthorpe Road.

I'm not Inspector Clouseau but clearly something happened during his time here that hasn't happened anywhere else he has been. My only problem in that theory is of course that TP is a thoroughly decent honest chap with a massive reputation for his integrity and playing fast flowing, exciting entertaining football with top class players so there couldn't possibly be any blame at his door. I mean Pulis always loved a great Striker especially all that time he invested in them (that was a cynical tongue in cheek comment by the way just in case it's actually believed).

It's not even as though the Club themselves have "previous" for spinning yarns (or should that be threads, Golden ones at that). Throw in that apparently the Club were skint and needed cash or at least that was what Pulis was doing was it not, saving SG a load of money and sorting the Club out? A Footballer's career is a very short one and being focussed on achieving success rather than sat stealing a living for four years of a lucrative contract I would think are very commendable traits in a footballer. Still some people believe any old guff, as the saying goes you can fool some of the people.............

Ok, well its pretty clear whose side of the story you believe. Horses for courses.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""