oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

@Dyigitogluu:

Middlesbrough FC submitted their official offer for Boupendza to Hatayspor and it was the best offer on the table so far.

Hatayspor management conveyed to the English club that they are considering the offer.

British press and Mid. FC fans look forward to the end of this transfer. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can't prove this of course but based on what I would generally expect from footballers and agents and all that, I bet you any money part of the reason he only left on loan (especially the 2nd time) was because he was unwilling to lose any of the money he was getting from our contract and nobody else was willing to pay him as much. I also wouldn't be shocked to hear he still got paid some of his contract after he left too, either at the usual payment time as every other Boro player, topping up his Leganes wage or in a one-off lump sum. Those things aren't unusual but they would have absolutely set back his plans to leave and pursue his dreams of success elsewhere, including with the national team (where I would imagine he's rarely if ever played a game without wearing his heart on his sleeve).

The only issue with pointing at his Boro salary is that supposedly by the end of 2017 his US real estate business was worth 10 million dollars, making his salary a nice little bonus but not necessarily something he was desperate for.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

interesting that they don't embed for you. I wonder what's up with that...

You have to give it a few seconds before it works. He probably just posted a little bit too fast

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Except this is where your point falls down. Martin Braithwaite stopped caring about achieving success here soon after Pulis joined. If you remember rightly, he turned up for the first few games of Pulis' full season, scored a few goals, looked like a player you'd want to keep around. Before and after that time, he was an absolute waste of time.

He never got a move somewhere else and he essentially disappeared. So what happened to the player who was so against sat stealing a living on a lucrative contract? What happened to the lad who was more focused on success? He was still a Middlesbrough player and was going to be for at least another few months, yet every time he played he was nothing like the player he could be, the one we saw earlier on in the very same season.

I can't prove this of course but based on what I would generally expect from footballers and agents and all that, I bet you any money part of the reason he only left on loan (especially the 2nd time) was because he was unwilling to lose any of the money he was getting from our contract and nobody else was willing to pay him as much. I also wouldn't be shocked to hear he still got paid some of his contract after he left too, either at the usual payment time as every other Boro player, topping up his Leganes wage or in a one-off lump sum. Those things aren't unusual but they would have absolutely set back his plans to leave and pursue his dreams of success elsewhere, including with the national team (where I would imagine he's rarely if ever played a game without wearing his heart on his sleeve).

Fans can despise both Pulis and Braithwaite in equal measure, this is not something that has to be mutually exclusive. Pulis can suck the life out of fans and players alike, he can lie through his teeth about all sorts and embellish the truth to make his image look squeaky clean but he still turned up and did his bloody job as best as he saw he could.

He didn't get on with Pulis or his football and the feeling was mutual, it happens and he wanted away from Pulisball asap. Our fans eventually done the same thing with Pulis out signs, plastic dinosaurs and when the Season Ticket sales bombed that was the final straw. Braithwaite had arrived at the same conclusion as the fans and left to further his career just like you and I would. 

Even Peter Crouch who loves Pulis was pretty blunt about Strikers and Pulis's training methods. Had Braithwaite been a lower league clogger then they probably would have got on, as it was he is a more technical footballer who found himself in a nightmare.

• Like 1

I hope Boupendza is the player we've identified to be one of our wider forwards (in the same bracket as Watmore), looks like he has a bomb of a left foot. 

Fingers crossed we can get this one over the line. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""