oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

I think the funds are coming from the huge reduction in wages we've had over the last 2 years. I doubt the guys we are bringing in are on particularly big wages either despite fees.

The amount weve saved on Britt/Fletcher/Saville will be eye watering for 3 bang average players.

I reckon you are right about that. We haven't really spend a lot of money in recent seasons on transfer fees, while we have written off a lot of value. In the past three seasons we've raked in a lot more in transfer fees than we have spent, and as FFP is a three year roling evaluation I'd suspect that we have quite some leeway when it comes to transfer expenditure. If of course Gibson is willing to make the funds available. 

Our biggest problem was probably always our massive wage budget but over the last 12 months we've waved goodbye to a lot of high earners in Gestede, Shotton, Assombalonga, Ayala, Clayton, Friend, Fletcher, Saville and the Premier League loans that are bound to have cost a sizeable wage too. That's an awful lot of money. Instead we are now actually spending money on areas that really need improvement.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Payero said:

Morelos is a god up there mate no way they'd want him.to go 

Rangers fans love Morelos, but they love James Tavernier more. I bet most Gers fans would gladly swap Morelos for our Tav.

It'd be a bad swap from our perspective - Morelos is only ever 30 seconds away from going full Cantona. He's talented and exciting to watch, but too volatile. It'd be like putting Leo up front after the opposition had spent half an hour pinging golf balls off his car.

• Haha 6
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

also reports that West Ham have bid 8m euro for AB

Isn't that old news? There were reports last week about West Ham but that was only speculation and that they may have some interest. Personally I would think that WH set their bar a little higher.

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If it's between us and West Ham he'll obviously pick them over us, I'll be gutted if we miss out on him though, he looks exciting and would probably easily get into double figures for us.

West Ham get linked with everyone, then always sign someone else 😂

1 minute ago, Boroscally96 said:

From about 20mins ago

Screenshot_20210806-092708_Twitter.jpg

i think all the claims go back to a Gabon source,  probably his agent trying to drum up some EPL interest

All of them seem to be quoting the same source to be fair. The Gabonese press. At this point I wouldn’t worry too much until they start quoting more sources. The Boro deal has had a few different sources

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Boroscally96 said:

From about 20mins ago

Screenshot_20210806-092708_Twitter.jpg

"It was claimed". The links to us sound a lot more credible and detailed, so let's hope Hatayaspor pushes on to get the deal done quickly if they have accepted our offer. Sounds a lot like they are trying to force the player to make a decision.

• Like 2
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""