oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

37 minutes ago, Tomlinho said:

Is this Nathan Wood thinking his future is at Leeds? Speculation or something you’ve heard? 

Wood is out of contract at the end of this season and Leeds have been credited with more than a passing interest in Nathan, as have Brentford. I read an article about him a little while back that stated both teams were monitoring the situation. He will be a class act and he is going into this season with options as to his future come the end of June. We need to tie him down if we can or get him playing and more involved so that he sees his future with Boro. I appreciate we can’t make him sign a new deal, but if he saw an avenue opening up at Boro then he just might agree a new deal, game time over money might be a decider. 

Given how highly he is rated, not having him tied down going into his final year troubles me. Were he to leave next June it would end up being for a fraction of his real worth. I think he may just be a player that ends up at the very top. I assume talks have been held, but don’t know if they have. We have recent history letting contracts run down and trying to negotiate too late in the day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Christ I didn't realise Nathan Wood's contract ran out at the end of this season. Should be very high on Kieran Scott's task list, that.

Weird they’ve let it run down so long. Hopefully he is willing to sign another

Remember when everyone thought Ben Gibson was worth £25m+? I loved Gibbo and thought he had a great season in the premier league, but he was never worth that. Fry could be worth a lot of money in the future, but the most anyone would be offering now would be max £10m - £12m.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Weird they’ve let it run down so long. Hopefully he is willing to sign another

Aye, could well be he's the reason rather than us though we really need to get the next stage of his development right if that is the case. Could be an absolute travesty to lose him to someone else. We would still get a fee I think but I suspect it would go to tribunal and it wouldn't truly reflect his potential.

8 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Remember when everyone thought Ben Gibson was worth £25m+? I loved Gibbo and thought he had a great season in the premier league, but he was never worth that. Fry could be worth a lot of money in the future, but the most anyone would be offering now would be max £10m - £12m.

I get what your saying but recently a lot of CB's in this league have been going for around £20m

Webster at Bristol City went for £22m.

Fry if an offer came in north of £20m, we'd certainly have to consider it.

Anything below £20m I would rejected in an instance tbh.

7 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

I am kind of in agreement - is Fry that much better than say Worral?

44 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Christ I didn't realise Nathan Wood's contract ran out at the end of this season. Should be very high on Kieran Scott's task list, that.

I wouldn’t worry. He’s so young so it would go to a tribunal so he won’t leave on a free anyway. Most clubs don’t like the tribunal route, so if he really doesn’t want to stay we will get a decent deal regardless. I’m sure he will sign a new contract but it’s not that pressing a matter currently. Need to concentrate on incomings, although I hope the club can manage to work on multiple contracts at the same time. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Aye, could well be he's the reason rather than us though we really need to get the next stage of his development right if that is the case. Could be an absolute travesty to lose him to someone else. We would still get a fee I think but I suspect it would go to tribunal and it wouldn't truly reflect his potential.

Exactly my point

Hopefully we will announce Wood has signed a new long term deal this month at the same time as confirming he has been sent on loan for the season to a team that will assist in his development.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""