oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

But if info I got recently but don’t know how solid it is, Bausor’s off towards the end of the season

Hmm, makes little sense considering the reshuffle at the club. Unless it's something he wants.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Brunners said:

Confirms the player/coach role that was previously mentioned

FFS another short-term appointment who's best days are well behind him. 🙄

A 36-year-old who is already looking to his future as a coach...and we have no idea if he'll be any good at that.

Very decent player in his prime...but that was a while ago. Not happy with this at all.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Angry 1
8 minutes ago, Will said:

? He's just been made CEO and appointed to the EFL Board.

Yeah, which is why I don’t fully believe it. To be on the EFL board he had to be a director of the club so that’s what was behind that. 

But don’t see why we’d put him forward for it then let him go within a year

I do chuckle at all the accountants on this site saying we will need not be paying X for this or that player. IF we get the likes of Sturbridge or the lad from Turkey it will be because the chairman has put his hand in his pocket (again)

I do think we need pace up top out wide but frankly we have needed that for years , so hope something happens there

Big Uche looks a handful and a snip for what he cost but Sturridge has (had) class. He could be the champo Boksic if we handled him properly

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

A 36-year-old who is already looking to his future as a coach...and we have no idea if he'll be any good at that.

Very decent player in his prime...but that was a while ago. Not happy with this at all.

Calm down, he's not going to be first or even second choice CB.

Experienced player, will be good for our young players, from all accounts a good guy to have in the dressing room and he won't be on big wages. If he has to play we know he can do a job.

I think it's a decent signing, personally.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, which is why I don’t fully believe it. To be on the EFL board he had to be a director of the club so that’s what was behind that. 

But don’t see why we’d put him forward for it then let him go within a year

Maybe we did want him out but out of the role he has now and when the possibility to get on EFL board was there - suited both parties.

10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Aye, my response is similar to what DZ said. He's a budding coach who we already know has had a positive influence in the dressing room and with the squad - he's on the player list likely as 4th choice centre back which would allow Wood to go out on loan and gain valuable experience in League One/Two to get maybe 40+ professional games under his belt.

It makes sense in many different ways.

13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you're actually annoyed by it!

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It’s pretty long term thinking if he’s our next manager 🤔

1 minute ago, Snowblind said:

Aye, my response is similar to what DZ said. He's a budding coach who we already know has had a positive influence in the dressing room and with the squad - he's on the player list likely as 4th choice centre back which would allow Wood to go out on loan and gain valuable experience in League One/Two to get maybe 40+ professional games under his belt.

In terms of risk to benefit I can’t think of a reason not to get Sol into the club!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

So basically he'll only ever play if we have a horrendous injury crisis. Which as I said is a waste of a squad space.

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you're actually annoyed by it!

Well I'm not happy about it. If we'd signed him purely as a coach it would make more sense.

7 minutes ago, Bennyboy137 said:

It’s pretty long term thinking if he’s our next manager 🤔

IF being the operative word. Boro aren't known for their long-term planning. Also, if thats the case, then we'll be taking another gamble with an unproven manager. Which as we've seen in the past is a coin toss. He could be a Karanka, or he could be a Woodgate.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Well I'm not happy about it. If we'd signed him as a coach it would make more sense.

he basically is a coach, he'll play a lot with the U23s and will only play for us when we need heavy rotation or have an injury crisis. You need backup players you know?

27 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think Bamba will be more of a coach than a player, maybe filling in mid-season if there's a series of defensive injuries. He's a wise old owl with lots to teach youngsters like Fry and Wood (assuming he doesn't go out on loan, which would also be a fringe benefit of having extra cover). As a coach, I'm delighted to have him on board.

As a player, I agree Bamba's best days are behind him, but Dimi joined us as fourth-choice keeper. George Friend joined us for £100,000. Sometimes these low-key signings turn out to be the best ones a club makes if the player is intelligent - and by all accounts Bamba certainly is. 

• Like 5

Personally I think the Bamba signing is a good one. Can't underestimate having a presence like that in the dressing room, especially one that has severely lacked leaders since Grant left. He seems like a great guy and is very highly respected and rated by former fans and team mates, look at how many pros reacted/commented on his latest instagram post. He's also been through a lot and will help motivate and give perspective to some of the younger players, he must be quite an inspirational and wise person to have around.

I can't see him being on a lot of money and this signing allows us to have 4th choice depth at that position in case we suffer an injury crisis (which is definitely possible with Hall's injury record). I imagine Wood will probably go out on loan which will be crucial for him (although we better get him to sign a new contract first).

• Like 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""