• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Did he turn up in a big MintBox Removals van by any chance?

If that's the case then I really, really hope that KM isn't hiding in the Hedges at Rockliffe this year 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

What did people read in to tonight? I personally don't think we can read too much into it.  We all know our squad isn't strong enough in depth but we aren't Man City - we can't expect to play 8 backup players and expect a first team performance.   You can afford one or two in your first team and still hope to perform but not 8.

Ignoring the keeper only Morsy and Payero are likely starters when people fit.  Payero played his first game in a new country when not speaking the language.  He played in a team of reserves.  His quality will come when playing with better players.

We definitely need more quality going forward and a left sided defender for cover but we knew that already

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

What did people read in to tonight? I personally don't think we can read too much into it.  We all know our squad isn't strong enough in depth but we aren't Man City - we can't expect to play 8 backup players and expect a first team performance.   You can afford one or two in your first team and still hope to perform but not 8.

Ignoring the keeper only Morsy and Payero are likely starters when people fit.  Payero played his first game in a new country when not speaking the language.  He played in a team of reserves.  His quality will come when playing with better players.

We definitely need more quality going forward and a left sided defender for cover but we knew that already

Honestly all we can read into it is most of our U23s aren't ready for the step up; Payero is going to take some time to settle and we're not very good when we have to play a team of back ups. Not much more than that.

I agree - I just don't think its fair to play a whole team of reserves and expect much more.

Was surprised Daniels wasn't in squad.  Giving him time to move up?  Giving Lumley more time?  Is Daniels new number 1?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Will soon see on Saturday. Won't be like tonight though im sure 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I agree - I just don't think its fair to play a whole team of reserves and expect much more.

Was surprised Daniels wasn't in squad.  Giving him time to move up?  Giving Lumley more time?  Is Daniels new number 1?

paperwok wasnt done for him to play

“We’re shopping and we are looking at players. Nothing’s changed, it’s just getting them on board that’s difficult.

“There’s nothing imminent that I’m aware of.

“Neil is talking to one or two people as you would understand.

“But I’ve no news on if we’re anywhere nearer to bringing somebody else.”

3 minutes ago, CWC said:

“We’re shopping and we are looking at players. Nothing’s changed, it’s just getting them on board that’s difficult.

“There’s nothing imminent that I’m aware of.

“Neil is talking to one or two people as you would understand.

“But I’ve no news on if we’re anywhere nearer to bringing somebody else.”

I wouldn't let Bausor arrange a balloon artist for my nieces' birthday

• Haha 2

My thoughts on our recruitment strategy is to me it seems like we're prisoners to our own ambition once again, we moved for Muniz missing out on a 'couple' in the meantime which presumably means targets Warnock would have moved for if there wasn't significant funds tied up into a Muniz offer.

Now we are supposedly targeting a striker playing his trade in Europe, a chase which will soon enter it's third week and in the meantime we're solely relying on Ikpeazu.

We'll have no one to blame but ourselves if we don't end the window with a strong squad, for me personally screw the 'exciting' foreign players if they're going to take so much time to chase let's just get in Wickham and Mendez-Laing.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""