oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

46 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Maddo was talking about that link during the game, I think. He didn't sound particularly keen.

No disrespect to him but I think him causing our defence problems the other day was more about how bad we were than how good he was. It wouldn't be the first relatively poor player we've made look better than they are this season.

He's just worried about having to learn how to pronounce his name regularly.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

i heard we threw the guilty scooter in aswell

I'm looking forward to seeing if the pear drop also sometimes appears on the left wing when he shouldn't be.

• Haha 2

Some quick stats:

Dael Fry missed (or missed part of) 18 games this season, we won 4, Drew 4 and lost 10.

Anfernee Dijksteel missed 18 games also, we won 5, drew 3 and lost 10.

We 100% need better cover at CB, and probably at right back too (though I do like Fisher).

Edited by KeithLambsFaxMachine
  • Like 4

Fry picks up injuries and Hall historically has had a poor time of it with injuries. McNair is OK as a stand in but nothing more and Wood is too inexperienced. he needs to be out battling against the bruisers of Leagues One or Two and not for us to be pinning promotion hopes on him.

That leaves us with only two CB's both of whom are very unlikely to get through a season unscathed. Personally I'd be looking for two CB's one of whom could maybe cover at RB or LB. Another Danny Batth type would be ideal, someone who could keep pressure on the incumbents and do a good job when called upon and even staking a claim for the shirt.

19 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Some quick stats:

Deal fry missed (or missed part of) 18 games this season, we won 4, Drew 4 and lost 10.

Anfernee Dijksteel missed 18 games also, we won 5, drew 3 and lost 10.

We 100% need better cover at CB, and probably at right back too (though I do like Fisher).

Dael or No Dael.

CHRIST , Where do you even start to disect our failings both individually and collectivally. 

im going to pull no punches  and start by naming the players that simply arent league standard and need binning , bettinelli ,an expert in managining to aviod being anywhere close to the ball as it crosses the goalline en route to the net.  ... coulson, enthusiasm... yep thats it,  thats all i can muster as a quality he possesses, hell he dont even look like a footballer ,more an Amish pig farmer. .  Spence,   5m, snap whichever clowns offer this, hands off. like coulson , i still dont know what his position seems to be , rubbish defensive anticipation, poor quality crossing , no dribbling ability ...just enthusiasm and a good engine.  mc nair id sell if we can get 2m and above , he was dodgy at sunderland and hasnt pushed on to the much overrated standard that comes with any bang average player with manyoo on thier cv. 

pretty much ALL THE central midfielders have regressed from thier form at previous clubs once our coaching methods are drilled into them   im talking   howson, saville, browne, johnson and even morsy but ill spare  tav the vitriol,  

forwards,,, hahaha  rip it up and start again, but please god can we unearth another slaven , hendrie or kike. 

on a positive note ill mention dijksteel and bola who both have improved greatly , suprisingly as central defenders in a back 3 perhaps more than in the positions we bought them for but hey ho ... and the tiny bit i sawof  coburn and malley impressed me and they need to be involved next season.

i only touched on it breifly but we seriosly need to re structure and drastically improve our coaching methods and staff   and finally  even higher in the employment ladder theres a genuine case to be put forward to re assess the manager  and/or thier philosophies and  the main man himself .... if he really cares as a local citizen and fan of the town/club has he got it in himself to hand over the steering wheel  either permanently or a shared scheme. 

oh and adios messrs gill and bauser. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

CHRIST , Where do you even start to disect our failings both individually and collectivally. 

im going to pull no punches  and start by naming the players that simply arent league standard and need binning , bettinelli ,an expert in managining to aviod being anywhere close to the ball as it crosses the goalline en route to the net.  ... coulson, enthusiasm... yep thats it,  thats all i can muster as a quality he possesses, hell he dont even look like a footballer ,more an Amish pig farmer. .  Spence,   5m, snap whichever clowns offer this, hands off. like coulson , i still dont know what his position seems to be , rubbish defensive anticipation, poor quality crossing , no dribbling ability ...just enthusiasm and a good engine.  mc nair id sell if we can get 2m and above , he was dodgy at sunderland and hasnt pushed on to the much overrated standard that comes with any bang average player with manyoo on thier cv. 

pretty much ALL THE central midfielders have regressed from thier form at previous clubs once our coaching methods are drilled into them   im talking   howson, saville, browne, johnson and even morsy but ill spare  tav the vitriol,  

forwards,,, hahaha  rip it up and start again, but please god can we unearth another slaven , hendrie or kike. 

on a positive note ill mention dijksteel and bola who both have improved greatly , suprisingly as central defenders in a back 3 perhaps more than in the positions we bought them for but hey ho ... and the tiny bit i sawof  coburn and malley impressed me and they need to be involved next season.

i only touched on it breifly but we seriosly need to re structure and drastically improve our coaching methods and staff   and finally  even higher in the employment ladder theres a genuine case to be put forward to re assess the manager  and/or thier philosophies and  the main man himself .... if he really cares as a local citizen and fan of the town/club has he got it in himself to hand over the steering wheel  either permanently or a shared scheme. 

Last one out turn the lights off as there will be no bugger left.

13 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:

McNair was probably our best player in the first half of the season but I think all the games he was playing for us and Ireland caught up with him and he’s form suffered because of it. He played almost 60 games last season and looked like he needed a rest but we couldn’t give him one because of injuries to fry etc

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""