Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""


Recommended Posts

I understand what Wilson is saying, but we desperately need at least one forward that isn't easily bullied off the ball. Don't care if they only score 5 goals a season if they can set up ten or more for others. If Watmore can get as many goals in half a season feeding off scraps, it would be interesting to see how he would do if someone gave him table service. don't care if they aren't cultured as long as they are effective. Until people start turning up, it is going to be mostly paper talk based on "who has he signed elsewhere"..  the last of the dead wood has gone, so now its up to who we replace them with. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

I understand what Wilson is saying, but we desperately need at least one forward that isn't easily bullied off the ball. Don't care if they only score 5 goals a season if they can set up ten or more for others. If Watmore can get as many goals in half a season feeding off scraps, it would be interesting to see how he would do if someone gave him table service. don't care if they aren't cultured as long as they are effective. Until people start turning up, it is going to be mostly paper talk based on "who has he signed elsewhere"..  the last of the dead wood has gone, so now its up to who we replace them with. 

The pat in bold is Warnock-ball down to the bone. Hoof n' hope. We're finally getting rid of the last overpaid players from the Monk era an a perfect time to start afresh with some new ideas and a step in the right direction by building something that could last. But we're now giving the keys to a short-term retirement waiting to happen manager who plays an outdated form of football that make the eyes bleed and doens't look further forward than 12 months. It's an appalling decision from the club and you'd think they learned something from giving Pulis one year too long. It's not a winning formula, Steve, so change it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The pat in bold is Warnock-ball down to the bone. Hoof n' hope. We're finally getting rid of the last overpaid players from the Monk era an a perfect time to start afresh with some new ideas and a step in the right direction by building something that could last. But we're now giving the keys to a short-term retirement waiting to happen manager who plays an outdated form of football that make the eyes bleed and doens't look further forward than 12 months. It's an appalling decision from the club and you'd think they learned something from giving Pulis one year too long. It's not a winning formula, Steve, so change it.

He tried to keep pulis, he learned nothing from that time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He tried to keep pulis, he learned nothing from that time. 

I know. Gibson probably thinks it was a succesful time and the fans enjoyed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

My worry is that he's not just buying players with little resale value on longer contracts but players who might play well in a Warnock team but do bugger all in a team managed by somebody else. He's here next season no question about that so if we can keep his long-term damage to a minimum, that'd be great.

Spot on 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, GrimsbyBoro said:

It’s not much of a story but thought it would at least be of interest to some on here. The 72 reporting we have been scouting in Denmark and Belgium 

If we are scouting in Denmark and Belgium I hope we are looking at players like Raphael Holzhauser and Smail Prevljak, a creative spark and a proper Warnock striker respectively, that would certainly improve us at one end of the pitch and even though they may not necessarily be bargains they shouldn’t cost much more than what we spent on Akpom!

I think it would be harder to attract players from Denmark due to the higher opportunity of European football but if Brentford can attract them there’s no harm in us trying for players like Jesper Lindstrøm, Jonas Wind and Mads Frøkjær Jensen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it bizarre if the club are looking in countries such as Denmark, Belgium etc. That they don’t also reach out and cooperate with the main fan group in that country once a season to maybe pass on a list of 4/5 players to take a look at. The people who watch the leagues week in week out and have done for years? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Warnock should be giving a press conference tomorrow regarding which of out of contract players he wishes to keep and those that have left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock should be giving a press conference tomorrow regarding which of out of contract players he wishes to keep and those that have left.

There are only three out of contract players, aren't there?  Archer, Johnson and Mendez-Laing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

There are only three out of contract players, aren't there?  Archer, Johnson and Mendez-Laing.

Yep. And he will probs confirm if he wishes to look to sign any of Bettinelli, Bolasie and Kebano. 

And I imagine he will be asked about Holliett too

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yep. And he will probs confirm if he wishes to look to sign any of Bettinelli, Bolasie and Kebano. 

And I imagine he will be asked about Holliett too

I think Kebano is under contract until next summer, and I feel like any mystery surrounding Bettinelli has been removed after he was dropped.  Might find out if we've offered Bolasie anything yet or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • 01/12/1900 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Boro 2 Blackpool 0  Biggest win 9-2 as mentioned below  Hattricks & more in one game v Blackpool  10th December 1938, Wilf Mannion bagged 4 goals at home to Blackpool in the 9-2 thrashing, one more than Micky Fenton Wilf became the 9th different Boro player to score 4 goals in one 1st team game & the 17th in total 7th September 1925 - James McCelland scored all 3 in a 3-2 win at Bloomfield park, in a 2nd division fixture, it was James 1st Boro HT our 5th away HT & 39TH in total James became the 16th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 10TH December 1938 - Micky Fenton scored 3 when the mighty Boro thrashed Blackpool 9-2 at Ayresome Park in 1st division fixture, it was Micky Fenton’s 5th Boro HT,  our 49th home HT & 65TH in total Micky became the 23rd different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 25th November 1950 - Alex McCrae scored 3 goals in a 4-3 home win,  it was Alex’s 3rd Boro HT our 62nd home HT & 80TH in total Alex became the 29th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 15th November 1986 - Bernie Slaven was the 1st Boro player to score a HT after coming out of voluntarily liquidation & the 1st FAC HT v Blackpool It was Bernies 1st Boro HT our 85th home HT & 118TH in total Bernie became the 44th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT It was also our 15th FAC hattrick, of which 11 were at home    Record of Boro v Blackpool  Won 22 Drew  7 Lost 5 Goals scored – 74 Goals against -  40   Did you know:-  1973-74 - Blackpool were one of 2 teams we failed to beat in our  2nd division championship & the only team we failed to score past that season  One of the 1986 legends Gary Parkinson, between 1986-1993 played 243 games for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, in 2001 for one season he signed for Blackpool, his last league club, where he played 24 games One of the 4 famous Carr bothers who played for the mighty Boro John, played 449  goals scoring 81 goals signed for Blackpool in 1930, playing 14 games, scoring 2 goals Micky Burns who John Neal signed in 1978 started out for Blackpool but didn’t play a 1st game for them   
    • It's an abandoned proposal from the early 2010s, sadly.
    • Teesside Park is over a mile from Riverside..  you would need Middlehaven (formerly Cargo Fleet)...  Metro just fancy name for local rail services 
    • Out of interest is this Tees Valley Metro for real? And if so where is the Teesside Park Station located as it must be very close to The Riverside?
    • Have I just somehow blanked the wind turbine outside the ground or is that just a proposal that never happened that their site hadn't noticed?

×
×
  • Create New...