oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I reckon one of the criteria for signing players is 'can maddo say it or not?' If not then it's a yes from the boss man. 

I reckon this is true; I even heard him call Crooks Matt Brooks on Saturday. Can't even get that one.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, TLF10 said:

None of the our current best starting 11 gets in to the promotion winning 11 . And I mean none. Not Dijksteel, Not Fry, Not Paddy, Not Bola, not Howson and not Tav.

And I accept Howson has played at a higher level for longer than Clayton and Leadbitter but them two were just formidable for them two seasons.

Man for man the team below was just stronger and considerably stronger.

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibson Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Ramirez Adomah

Nugent

I miss Nsue you know. Loved the guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

None of the our current best starting 11 gets in to the promotion winning 11 . And I mean none. Not Dijksteel, Not Fry, Not Paddy, Not Bola, not Howson and not Tav.

And I accept Howson has played at a higher level for longer than Clayton and Leadbitter but them two were just formidable for them two seasons.

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibson Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Ramirez Adomah

Nugent

Would take Dijksteel over Nsue all day every day.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, I'm not overly convinced watching some of his highlights either, some of his goals, the keeper basically just stopped working as a human being. There's a goal where the defender chests it onto his own bar and it rebounds to him and the keeper just sort of watches it happen. Then a keeper who seemed to just run past the ball as he came out for it and leaves him with an open goal. 😅

Still, for me it's like... we need a forward. Best case scenario is we don't sign anyone now for longer than a season unless they're good. Warnock gets a short-term reinforcement and we only commit in the long term if he's good and if we get promoted, which would be a real shock at this point and we can all complain about if it actually happens. 😂

If the rumoured deal is correct at least we've covered our backs if he's dogshit.

In typical Boro fashion though I expect it to still backfire somehow. What's the odds on him to score 20 odd, us to lose the playoff final and a prem team to purchase him for 20m?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Come on man, this is pathetic even for you. It's okay to be wrong sometimes.

What the *** are you talking about?  You criticised me for giving an opinion as fact, when clearly I could only be giving an opinion in the first place.  Now you're trying to state something as fact, in an attempt to belittle me, that clearly isn't a fact.  Friend winning player of the year doesn't factually make him a better player than Bola, it just makes him factually our player of the year twice.  If you don't understand what fact means then please don't pick up others on the subject. 

Reckon Sporar will take a bit time to bed in, he's not had much game time pre-season for Sporting.

Hopefully we can get him back to the form he was in at Slovan Bratislava, obviously different levels in terms of opposition compared to the Championship. 

Also seems to be fairly quick, makes me think we'll see him alongside Ikpeazu. Or if he does lead the line, he won't be the same "type" of striker as Ikpeazu.

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Would take Dijksteel over Nsue all day every day.

I am a huge fan of Dijksteel and you are entitled to your opinion but i think you are wither forgetting or under estimating how solid Nsue was that season for us. On that season alone I only seen two better RBs perform at this club and thats Luke Young and Danny Mills. And possibly Abel Xavier who goes under the rader sometime. Thats how good i think Nsue was that season.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

What the *** are you talking about?  You criticised me for giving an opinion as fact, when clearly I could only be giving an opinion in the first place.  Now you're trying to state something as fact, in an attempt to belittle me, that clearly isn't a fact.  Friend winning player of the year doesn't factually make him a better player than Bola, it just makes him factually our player of the year twice.  If you don't understand what fact means then please don't pick up others on the subject. 

He made the sky bet Championship team of the year. He was voted the best left back in the league two years running.

I think that factually makes him better than Bola, don't you.

Also I removed the insulting part of your post and will be taking a harder stance on that in future.

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibson Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Stuani Ramirez Adomah

Nugent

Stuani up front and Tav on the right?

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I am a huge fan of Dijksteel and you are entitled to your opinion but i think you are wither forgetting or under estimating how solid Nsue was that season for us. On that season alone I only seen two better RBs perform at this club and thats Luke Young and Danny Mills. And possibly Abel Xavier who goes under the rader sometime. Thats how good i think Nsue was that season.

I’m not forgetting anything. I think Dijksteel is superior in everything but going forwards. Dijksteel all day every day for me.

Just now, AllBoro10 said:

I’m not forgetting anything. I think Dijksteel is superior in everything but going forwards. Dijksteel all day every day for me.

Yes, N'sue was great at bombing forward. Gave us extra width and allowed Stuani to get into the box.

@LBP that is not a bad shout.

I do like Tav but we are sooo much better with him in the team but there a lot of his game which he needs to work on for me. Especially his decision making at times and more notably his finishing. Needs to improve on his productivity in terms of goals and assists. But a great talent who can hopefully keep improving.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

OK, dijksteel in, nsue to right wing and stuani upfront. 

Its really not a big deal. Its history, counts for little now. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""