oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Coulson will be 23 at the start of the next season. Hes gone backwards if anything, partially to do with being in and out of the side - mostly out. He needs a new team and I'd say it will likely be permenant. 

Spence has shown more than coulson, but is very raw. He's only 20 though, so well behind coulson on development time. Wouldn't mind seeing him to out on loan if we consider dijksteel and fisher to be our two right backs. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

As a fellow boro fan and someone who therefore cares for you can I politely ask you to lower your expectation by about 100 notches so you are not left disappointed. 

I can tell you now we are not going to sign 13 new players. In fact if we sign less than half that of 6 players I will surprised.

That wasn’t a list of what I expect but rather my take on what we need. It does feel every couple of years it’s wholesale changes. 

In terms of what we will have left once loan players return and assuming all the out of contract players leave. (Bar Marv who I think automatically gets a year extension due to number of appearances made NW said.

I will creat a first 11 and second 11 based on how i think NW might line up.

New GK

Dijk Fry Paddy Bola

Howson Morsy Tav

New RW, New CF, New LW

Stojanovic

Fisher Hall Wood Marv

Watmore Wing Sav Browne

New CF Akpom

*Spence and Coulson currently miss out

Now based on what Warnock said. The above kinda ties in with that IF nobody else leaves. He will need a new GK, two wide men and 2 strikers. I said his estimation of needing 3 or 4 was bit conservative as i think we need 5 minimum as per positions mentioned if Fletcher leaves as well. 

I don't think he will look for any defensive reinforcements or CM reinforcements as i think he happy there, Even if spence and Coulson leave we are covered.

I believe GK, wide and CF are areas he will be looking at imo.

• Like 2
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

That wasn’t a list of what I expect but rather my take on what we need. It does feel every couple of years it’s wholesale changes. 

I dont think we will see a no.10.

Maybe Tav playing around there as part of a midfield 3 might work. I also dont see him targeting any defenders or CMs unless someone significant in them areas departs. 

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I dont think we will see a no.10.

Maybe Tav playing around there as part of a midfield 3 might work. I also dont see him targeting any defenders or CMs unless someone significant in them areas departs. 

Possibly but I think it’s his season has shown we are short at CB. We kind of fell lucky with McNair.

regarding LB he doesn’t seem to rate Coulson and it looks like they are trying to avoid giving Johnson another contract. We look light at LB.

I don’t expect a 10 I think we will go 433 next year. 

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I think Bolasie / Laing will sign on.  

Would be happy with either if they prove themselves between now and end of season. Would like some better wide options as starters though. 

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Bettinelli's replacement willing to sign ..

Or this guy 

image.gif.e123f4f1fffc4e2edeaff330cfc474e2.gif

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Or this guy 

image.gif.e123f4f1fffc4e2edeaff330cfc474e2.gif

Naw...  can't catch the ball..  dives too late ...  and probably not house-trained...   would just be like for like with Bettinelli

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I reckon Kebano be back here if Fulham stay up. Bolasie be staying if he enjoys next 11 games and feels he can help us with promotion. NML he'll be remaining if he shows promise and be like watmore will wanna repay Warnock faith in giving him 2nd chance at football. We may also be brining in that foreign 'gem of a player'. Its in the forward line we need a new main striker though and the investment will be. I'd also look at a CB so Wood can go loan in league 1 again. 

29 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

GK, 2 strikers and creative mid and also sign Bolasie on. That will do. No need for an overhaul. Mendez doesnt look up to it to me

Mowett would be decent on a free but his agent will really shop him aroundif they don't go up or he doesn't sign a nee deal. 

I really like that Hamer from Coventry. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, White Band said:

That's what I thought... It's only the start of March...

It's ok as it is only Dans  Summer transfer thread, will wait until the MFC transfer thread comes up🤪

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""