• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, macapes said:

Charlie Wyke’s xG (expected goals) is 17.74 but has actually at 25 goals this season. That’s a really promising statistic.

I’m sure that he’ll have the vast majority of Championship clubs interested in him this summer so he’s going to be playing Championship football next season regardless of whether we want him or not.

On 3/16/2021 at 3:44 PM, p_mards said:

Charlie Wyke’s xG (expected goals) is 17.74 but has actually at 25 goals this season. That’s a really promising statistic.

I’m sure that he’ll have the vast majority of Championship clubs interested in him this summer so he’s going to be playing Championship football next season regardless of whether we want him or not.

Boro let him go, why would he want to come back?

5 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

If Sunderland go up it's different, but if they don't, we're a championship club chasing promotion and he's the type of striker NW will love, why wouldn't he want to come back?

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

To be fiar plenty of players have gone back to clubs where club first felt they were not good enough or were disposable. I am not talking about players where club received a good offer and player has then gone back like Bale at Spurs but others.

Chelsea sold Matic for £3m but got him back for £21m

Spurs got rid of Defoe to pompey as felt thet had enough with Keane and Berbatov up top but got him back.

Crouch signed for Spurs after i think they released him as a youngster.

Danny Graham came back to us

I am sure there are many more examples. 

For what its worth I would not mind Wyke on a free but his signing will not determine our fortunes next season. We 100% need a mobile target men  but if Wyke came you would hope its as back up to a more established target man at this level.

I hope he goes to Rangers, there'll be far less tedium whether he scores or not given the unfair stigma many people place on Scottish football.

If he goes to another team in England and starts scoring, we'll never hear the end of it.

I would doubt that right now he would want to be risking serious injury with him becoming a free agent and it possibly shows in training. I think the only reason he is still around is if we actually made the Play Offs and suffered injuries in the process we would look stupid if we had previously told him to do one.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I hope he goes to Rangers, there'll be far less tedium whether he scores or not given the unfair stigma many people place on Scottish football.

If he goes to another team in England and starts scoring, we'll never hear the end of it.

Honestly, I wouldn't give a toss.  He has scored goals for us, probably not as many as we'd like, certainly this season, but it's hardly been Gestede like.  The guy we are linked to up there has 8 goals this season, Assombalonga has 5 and he's terrible.  12 goals last season while Assombalonga got 11 in fewer mins, 13 goals the season before while Assombalonga got 14 in fewer mins, then 13 again the season before that while Assombalonga got 15 in more mins.  Assombalonga is a decent Championship goalscorer who we massively overpaid for, which is on us, not him.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Honestly, I wouldn't give a toss.  He has scored goals for us, probably not as many as we'd like, certainly this season, but it's hardly been Gestede like.  The guy we are linked to up there has 8 goals this season, Assombalonga has 5 and he's terrible.  12 goals last season while Assombalonga got 11 in fewer mins, 13 goals the season before while Assombalonga got 14 in fewer mins, then 13 again the season before that while Assombalonga got 15 in more mins.  Assombalonga is a decent Championship goalscorer who we massively overpaid for, which is on us, not him.

I don't think he's been bad for us before this season, at times he's been quite good and I don't mind him at all.

But it's time he moved on, and I can guarantee that plenty of the people who've been hounding him on Twitter and Facebook will then be bemoaning the fact we let him go if he does get back to something like his best.

I'd sooner avoid that to an extent, and I think he'd do well at Rangers.

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think he's been bad for us before this season, at times he's been quite good and I don't mind him at all.

But it's time he moved on, and I can guarantee that plenty of the people who've been hounding him on Twitter and Facebook will then be bemoaning the fact we let him go if he does get back to something like his best.

I'd sooner avoid that to an extent, and I think he'd do well at Rangers.

Don't think too many would bemoan him for me has been at the wrong place for 3 seasons or so, sadly it just has not worked out for him

On 3/16/2021 at 5:38 PM, mendieta420 said:

as a hardworking striker on a free it's a decent signing.. we're going to need 3 of them if Fletcher and Britt leave

Hmmm not too sure about Fletcher if we have a decent end of season he could well consider staying though hopefully he will make up his mind quickly

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""