oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

There can’t be many lower league clubs as successful as Posh in making money on the transfer market. Seem to be the League 1 Brentford.I think they have netted over £25m profit over last 10 seasons.  (That figure includes a good profit on Britt Assombalonga.)  I guess all that profit makes it easy to attract the next likely profit maker as they will be able to afford a higher outlay than other league one clubs and also offer higher wages. 

It's really impressive. I also wonder if it is partly due to that success that they can demand the bigger fees. For example by selling Gayle and him doing well, that in turn bumped up Britt's future price, then again with Toney.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Weasel said:

On a similar note I think we should look at Janni Serra at Kiel.

He'd be a decent option, only thing with him is his aerials won per 90 (And his aerial win %) are considerably less than Hofmann (an Moore). That could be due to the fact Karlsruher and Kiel * play contrasting styles, but going into a "final/last" season with Warnock I think he'll want ready made players for his system. 

*Karlsruher statistically are closer to us, in terms of passing stats (Longball % etc), than Kiel are.

I don't really care much for how old the striker is we bring in in the summer. Keeping up with the last few times we've changed manager, I suspect the next one after Warnock won't want a target man up top so we might as well focus on getting the quality of the man he wants for next season and not worry too much about how long they'll stay after that. Might even save ourselves a few quid, too.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

well focus on getting the quality of the man he wants for next season and not worry too much about how long they'll stay

I think going into this summer this is the approach we'll take. I can't imagine Warnock will want any "Projects" so to speak and he'll just be wanting quality "ready made" players to hit the ground running.

Can't say I like that approach as Warnock is likely to only be here a year.

• Like 1

The whole problem is just going full circle again. 

warnock will bring in his players to suit his style. He’ll be gone in a year and then the new manager will have to make do with Warnocks fellas. Then we have to *** about for a few seasons to accommodate until it starts all over again 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

warnock will bring in his players to suit his style. He’ll be gone in a year and then the new manager will have to make do with Warnocks fellas. Then we have to *** about for a few seasons to accommodate until it starts all over again 

Only if we change style. We don’t have to. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Weasel said:

On a similar note I think we should look at Janni Serra at Kiel.

His contract is expiring at the end of the season and he's of a similar vein, 6 ft 4, good in the air and playing at the same level. His stats aren't as good (7 goals, 3 assists) but he has played less minutes than Hofmann this season, and I imagine Kiel probably don't want him to be the main man if he's leaving at the end of the season.

He's also 23, so 4 years younger which gives him room to grow and Warnock to shape him into the player he needs. Could be worth a gamble for a free transfer.

Although there are some reports he was joining Bielefeld from January but I can't see an official confirmation anywhere.

https://bulinews.com/news/7175/arminia-bielefeld-set-sign-german-striker-janni-serra

Fake news. Everyone knows Bielefeld doesn't exist.

• Haha 3

Considering Warnock said we were going to watch a game i the Danish league I gather it's a league they are looking at. I've been thinking about which players would suit our style and who would be interested in a move to the championship. This also means that I'm discounting players owned by the two big team Copenhagen and Midtjylland as they usually charge a premium and their better players move to bigger clubs than a championship club.

Keeper:

Kamil Grabra - on loan at AGF from Liverpool. Arguably amongst the three best keepers in the league. Think he would jump at the chance to try the CHampionship again. Either loan or permanent if Liverpool has written him off.

Left back:

Casper Højer, AGF - out of contract from january 2022 and is in the top-3 for LB. Perfect age and suits a back 4. Would cost around 1-1,5 mil and he would definately go to the championship.

CD:

Andreas Maxsø, Brondby - Very good and imposing CD. His club would sell and he'd cost around 2,5 mil is my guess. Would also go abroad again.

Sebastian Hausner, AGF - Best young CD in the league. Very much like Fry. Will probably attract interest from bigger clubs. Long contract. Price will likely be around 4-5 mil so financially probably out of our reach.

Bubacarr Sanneh, Anderlecht - on loan at AGF. Very strong and quick. Good on set pieces. Anderlecht will be willing to let him go cheap despite being an expensive buy. In january it was speculated they'd be willing to let him go free just to get wages off the books. Earns around 15k a week but I bet he'd be willing to negotiate a reduction to get out.

CM:

Pablo Ferriera, AAB. Defensive midfielder. Very combative and a decent pass. Will run all day. Probably not particularly expensive.

Morten Frendrup, Brondby. Only 19 but is really developing. Has a big future. Question is whether he'd leave Brondby just yet. But Brondby don't have the best of finances so a lot of their players will be sellable assets. They will likely still be expecting at least 4 million though so probably out of reach financially.

RW:

Mustapha Bundu, Anderlecht. On loan at Copenhagen. Was unplayable before moving to Anderlecht in the summer where he hasn't been given a chance at all. Pace to burn and a hard worker.

Wahid Faghir, Vejle. Only 17 years old but what a huge talent he is. This lad is going places if he keeps it up. Would imagine teams in Holland and Germany will be looking at him. We'd need to be lucky to attract him.

Striker:

Patrick Mortensen, AGF. THE targetman in Danish football. May be getting on but if you play just one striker he is the answer. Extremely hard worker, always fit, second to none when it comes to winning headers where he comfortably at the top of statistics. Cool finisher too. Due to age he won't be unattainable. Has said he'd like to move abroad again. I'd loathe for AGF to lose him though, so when I'm suggesting AGF players I'm a bit in two minds as they are my home team and I'd like to keep the best players, but I'm also realistic that a lot of them would like to move abroad for financial reasons and ambition. Could cost around 2,5 mil but worth every penny.

I don't really have any other striker as the others don't really fit Warnock hoofball.

There are probably quite a few other players but those are the ones that spring to mind. But with the Brexit rules we might just forget about them all anyway.

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

That was always going to be the case from the moment Warnock was appointed.

He was parachuted in to save us from relegation because he has a track record in this league...and apparently is good mates with Gibson.

He was never going to be a long term appointment, due to his age. 

I'm somewhat hopeful that it won't require a massive clear-out when the new guy comes in. Obviously managers have their preferred types of players, but it shouldn't be impossible to coach the existing squad to play a different style...as long as its not something totally alien to them.

57 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There are probably quite a few other players but those are the ones that spring to mind. But with the Brexit rules we might just forget about them all anyway.

Maybe the mayor can start a campaign to make the town a Danish overseas territory (a bit like Greenland). We could even change our name to Midyllsborø 😁

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

That was always going to be the case from the moment Warnock was appointed.

He was parachuted in to save us from relegation because he has a track record in this league...and apparently is good mates with Gibson.

He was never going to be a long term appointment, due to his age. 

I'm somewhat hopeful that it won't require a massive clear-out when the new guy comes in. Obviously managers have their preferred types of players, but it shouldn't be impossible to coach the existing squad to play a different style...as long as its not something totally alien to them.

What’s a long term appointment?

The club has had 6 different managers in the last 10 years, 9 if you count Venus, Agnew and Liddle!

2 years plus for Warnock is pretty long term for Boro.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

What’s a long term appointment?

The club has had 6 different managers in the last 10 years, 9 if you count Venus, Agnew and Liddle!

2 years plus for Warnock is pretty long term for Boro.

It's pretty long term for most clubs now.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""