oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Agree. And i would find it very odd if there has been a falling out. Warnock has been signing his praises every week and Fry been playing his best football for some time for this club under NW so I imagine the relationship is very good.

Or maybe he has been window dressing ready for a move. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Theres no way we get 20mil for fry. That's 5mil more than Gibson went for and he had already proved himself in the premier League at the time. Clubs will also not be spending as freely this summer with the financial picture that's changed so significantly over the last year. 10 to 12mil maximum.

We did well with Gidson price could almost be charged with mis selling. 

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There is no doubt Clubs will be sniffing around Tav and Fry but with our play off hopes still alive I would be astounded if Fry was left out because of rumoured transfer activity. Throw in that he can't physically go anywhere until the summer window opens and even if his head has been turned a little bit I would still play him.

Burnley seem to be the club that are constantly being linked with him and after Ben Gibson's and Paddy Bamford's experience under Dyche he would be mental to even remotely consider Turf Moor. He has improved under Warnock and regained his former potential so I doubt that there would have been a fall out between them but his agent may have rubbed the club up the wrong way.

Playoffs 😂

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I am just relieved it’s now over and we can now laugh at ourselves for believing, well until the transfer period and next season transition, what ever that is. 

😴

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

All I'll say is that we're very much a selling club and no player is too big to replace.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with our activity in the summer.

Literally none of this is new information.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-middlesbrough-cardiff-city-bournemouth-brentford-in-race-to-sign-kayode/

"Middlesbrough, Cardiff City, Bournemouth, Brentford are all tracking Rotherham United striker Joshua Kayode, Football Insider understands."

Imagine Roterham might need him if they go down. Albeit i would rather they stay up as its a decent away day is Rotherham as its not too far too travel. 

33 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I didn't say it was, but some people on here seem to think we're going to have a total rebuild in the summer.

I just mean in the context of Fry leaving, like, I think a lot of people accept if an offer big enough comes in, we'll actively want him to leave, same for everyone, everyone has a price we will sell at. I certainly don't think after what happened with Ben Gibson that we're beyond trying to push someone along their way in order to bring the cash in, even if they're happy here.

But you said there was more to his injury than meets the eye, as if him being injured is more of an excuse to cover up something, likely transfer movement. You saying he's got a price tag and we're willing to sell isn't new and it isn't justification for leaving him out of the team with a month or so left of the season. Like, have we received a substantial bid and told him and he's not happy? Has he just been told he's going to be sold this summer whether he likes it or not? What could possibly have changed on the transfer front with regards to him as a player that in any way justifies a fake injury?

Just in keeping with Fry himself, it doesn't seem much like the lad to dip out of the team of his own volition either. If he's fit, I would be pretty convinced he'd want to play.

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I didn't say it was, but some people on here seem to think we're going to have a total rebuild in the summer.

I think how much of a rebuild will depend on how many end up going. I guess most, if not all, the loan signings will return to their parent clubs. Britt is going...maybe a few more we don't yet know about.

The important thing to bear in mind is that any rebuilding will be done on the cheap, much like the last one.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

I think how much of a rebuild will depend on how many end up going. I guess most, if not all, the loan signings will return to their parent clubs. Britt is going...maybe a few more we don't yet know about.

The important thing to bear in mind is that any rebuilding will be done on the cheap, much like the last one.

It will but with so many people out of contracts at other clubs this is probably the season to do a rebuild on the cheap.

Britts wages alone could bring in 3 or 4 championship players.

I do wonder what we are paying our loan guys bet it’s a fair chunk. That money saved along with Britt and Fletch leaving could free up room on the wage bill to bring players in and still cut costs - and that’s before any sales.

• Like 1

NW alluded to in his pre match Bournemouth conference he was hoping to sign a couple of Bosman early doors and then see what else we can do.

As mentioned above there are some decent free options out there this summer.

I hope Fletcher stays but am not going to be overly upset if he leaves as i feel he can be replaced with a clever free signing. 

Every team in our league is a selling club, its not exactly a big revelation. 

And after the last 12 months with no fans I can't imagine many teams in our league will be flush with money. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""