oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

3 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I hope Fletcher stays

Genuine question but why would you hope Fletcher stays?

It can't be for his goals or his fitness, it can't be for his hold up play or consistency or him being a big strong target man. At  26 in October it can't even be because of his "potential"?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Genuine question but why would you hope Fletcher stays?

It can't be for his goals or his fitness, it can't be for his hold up play or consistency or him being a big strong target man. At  26 in October it can't even be because of his "potential"?

You make a fair point @Redcar Rioja. I can certainly see those that argue he should also move on but given the rebuild we already got on our hands I think he a decent enough back to hopefully our main striker as i think over the course of a season he can score between 7-10 goals

Nonetheless, as i said if he does go I wont be overly gutted either. There a valid argument let both him and Britt go and bring in two new strikers and leave Akpom as the 3rd striker.

I really wanted us to tie down Fletcher at the start of the season, but injuries and a bit of demoralisation has made me far less bothered about it.

Certainly shouldn't rip up trees to keep him.

In a way, it'd be good to have a clean break from the curse of Garry Monk.

I know Howson is still here, but he's alright.

I'm hoping it's more Nixon BS, because if we sign Ched Evans I'm honestly done with the club.

There's more important things than football, and his case is a matter which means a lot to me personally in terms of the experiences of loved ones. The guy is guilty, no matter what the court says - it highlights the broken system surrounding sexual assault and rape in our courts rather than proves his innocence. 

The lad should still be in prison. Not earning thousands of pounds a week.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Really can't be arsed with signing him.

Plenty of baggage and I'd sooner not have the controversy even though he was acquited.

He wasn't acquitted, he was found not guilty. A subtle but nonetheless important distinction.

• Like 1
Just now, Snowblind said:

I'm hoping it's more Nixon BS, because if we sign Ched Evans I'm honestly done with the club.

There's more important things than football, and his case is a matter which means a lot to me personally in terms of the experiences of loved ones. The guy is guilty, no matter what the court says - it highlights the broken system surrounding sexual assault and rape in our courts rather than proves his innocence. 

The lad should still be in prison. Not earning thousands of pounds a week.

Come on, we once signed an actual convicted rapist, yet you're still here.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Aye - I was younger, wasn't as well researched or inforned and more ignorant to things then. The conversation is far more forefront and widespread now.

Growth, education, and self awareness are more valuable that whataboutism.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Weve also signed someone who failed drug tests multiple times, someone who committed actual sexual assault on the football pitch and a renowned xenophobe as a manager. All in the last 12 months.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Weve also signed someone who failed drug tests multiple times, someone who committed actual sexual assault on the football pitch and a renowned xenophobe as a manager. All in the last 12 months.

I don't think any of those can be compared to the Ched Evans case to be fair.

All abhorrent, but sexual violence is much worse than failing a drugs test, grabbing a guys nuts, or being a Brexiteer. 

Football is littered with some awful characters, but there has to be a line. For me, Ched Evans is one of those lines.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""