oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

12 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I wonder if Ben Gibson could come back to the club, Not in Norwich side tonight...Injury?...Maybe gone back to Burnley ?

Only if Farke has told him he's not in his future plans. Otherwise I'd have thought he'd want to prove himself in the Premier League, given the chance. He's not going back to Burnley as the loan becomes permanent once Norwich get promoted.

BBC have confirmed he's out for the rest of the season with an ankle ligament injury. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56537197

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, scotty189 said:

Righto then what's our top priorities this summer cf,creative cm, gk and bolasie and ml on longer deals.  Keeper id have Blackman from Rotherham, cf I'd go for gratzel from cardiff and am Elliott from Liverpool on loan. 

Blackman was rubbish the first time he was here so i wouldnt want him back , glatzel would be good though .. him or the lad from bristol city on a free (diadhio?) 

10 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

Blackman was rubbish the first time he was here so i wouldnt want him back , glatzel would be good though .. him or the lad from bristol city on a free (diadhio?) 

Rubbish? Didn’t he play in one game and wasn’t he in his late teens early twenties at the time.

I haven’t kept track of him since then but I wouldn’t be judging him on his time here.

48 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

I can only remember him in the cup game at liverpool when it went to penalties..14-13 was it?

I'm 99% sure that's the only game he played in for us.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I wonder if Ben Gibson could come back to the club, Not in Norwich side tonight...Injury?...Maybe gone back to Burnley ?

Did his ankle ligaments last week!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

We have made initial contact with the representatives of Liam Palmer. Early days but we are definitely interested 

Seems to be mainly a right back which would suggest Spence is going out on loan and that he considers dijksteel a centre back. 

Another 29 year old who's never played at a higher level than the championship, will be 30 around the time the season starts. 

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Seems to be mainly a right back which would suggest Spence is going out on loan and that he considers dijksteel a centre back. 

Another 29 year old who's never played at a higher level than the championship, will be 30 around the time the season starts. 

I would imagine it would say that Spence would be leaving. Warnock's always saying how he needs to know what players are going to do, and I don't think Djed quite fits the bill.

59 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

I would imagine it would say that Spence would be leaving. Warnock's always saying how he needs to know what players are going to do, and I don't think Djed quite fits the bill.

He's also 20 years old. 90% of players his age are still in the underage groups.

Fisher signed a 2.5yr deal in Jan.

I think our RB spot is where we are strongest so I see zero need for Liam Palmer.

Even if Spencer leaves we got Dijksteel and Fisher and in terms of two solid options in each position them two are fine.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:31 AM, Neverbefore said:

Reach would be an upgrade on Johnson but not a starting quality player in a side with top 6 ambitions. Last resort I'd be okay with him but I'd prefer to being in two who at least have the potential to be top 6 quality. Enough of bringing in players who aren't better than what we already have ie morsy, archer, akpom, fisher and from what I can see nml too. 

Not related but your comment about upgrading Johnson made me think of it. Just for complete clarity I am not specifically saying Johnson is the weakest link in our team.

But I was reading something that identified Football as a "Weak-link" game (they'd looked at a load of games and teams). What it meant by that was it was much more beneficial to improve your weakest areas of your squad, than bring in someone who is of real quality in an area of strength. As the weak link will negate the quality of the "marquee" signing and impact the team as a whole.

It sounds obvious, but basketball is apparently the opposite to football. Basketball ball by the same measure is a "Strong-link" game. Where by bringing in a "marquee" player is much more beneficial than it would be to try and upgrade the weak links. The weak links in basketball do very little to actually negate the overall impact on the marquee/best player and the team.

2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

We have made initial contact with the representatives of Liam Palmer. Early days but we are definitely interested 

For me, this indicates Spence is off (either loan or permanent). 

Or, being really pessimistic it makes me think Dijksteel's injury is either really bad or we are potentially looking at getting a big fee for him.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""