• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Glad it’s not Ched Evans... but let’s be honest, if Warnock is doing the picking, then it will most definitely be some alternative cart horse for us to boot the ball long to. 

• Like 1

Gazette have published a list of all Champo players out of contract this summer. Any names that interest anyone?

I'd look at:

GK:

Asmir Begovic (aged 33, Bournemouth)
Keiren Westwood (aged 36, Sheffield Wednesday)
Joe Lumley (aged 26, QPR)

CB:

Sonny Bradley (aged 29, Luton)
Joost van Aken (aged 26, Sheffield Wednesday) (this one is just on name alone I know nothing about him)
Christian Kabasele (aged 30, Watford)
Steve Cook (aged 29, Bournemouth)
Michael Morrison (aged 32, Reading)

CM:

Mario Vrancic (aged 31, Norwich)
Billy Mitchell (aged 19, Millwall) (if this is the kid I think it is, he played really well vs us)
Alex Mowatt (aged 26, Barnsley)
Jack Wilshere (aged 29, Bournemouth) (if his legs can stay on?)
Juninho Bacuna (aged 23, Huddersfield) club option 1 year

AM:

Emiliano Marcondes (aged 25, Brentford)
Alen Halilovic (aged 24, Birmingham) (don't think he's been any good at Birmingham but for cheap..who knows)

Wingers/Wide players:

Junior Stanislas (aged 31, Bournemouth)
Junior Hoilett (aged 30, Cardiff)
Kadeem Harris (aged 27, Sheffield Wednesday)

Forwards:

Famara Diedhiou (aged 28, Bristol City)
Matt Smith (aged 31, Millwall) (I don't want him but he seems exactly what Warnock wants...)
Martyn Waghorn (aged 31, Derby) (I'd be interested potentially revisiting Waghorn, not sure if he'd fit but I'd kick tires at least)

• Thanks 1

Well there are a couple of caveats to this.

First, most are on the old side (30+) so we'd only likely get 2-3 good years out of them tops. But, if we can get them for reasonable money - they'd be worth a punt IMO.

Second, I've no idea if they would fit into a Warnock team, but on paper they should be an improvement on what we have.

Goalkeepers

Ørjan Nyland (Norwich) - no idea of his league form but he's in the Norway squad, so can't be that bad.

Asmir Begovic (Bournemouth)

Full Backs

Kiko Femenia (Watford)

Kyle Naughton (Swansea)

Henrik Dalsgaard (Brentford)

Centre Backs

Christian Kabasele (Watford)

Michael Morrison (Reading)

Defensive Midfielders

Henri Lansbury (Bristol) - remember him being good for Watford a while back.

Mario Vrancic (Norwich)

Jack Wilshere (Bournemouth)

Wingers

Adam Reach (Wednesday) - nostalgia mainly. Be nice to have the old boy back.

Junior Stanislas (Bournemouth)

Junior Hoilett (Cardiff) - Warnock should love him!

Andreas Weimann (Bristol)

Forwards

Martyn Waghorn (Derby) - I've cursed him a few times when he's scored against us. Seems to have been at Derby forever...would he want to leave?

Sone Aluko (Reading)

Andre Ayew (Swansea)

Troy Deeney (Watford) - good candidate for the captain's armband plus PL experience.

Sam Baldock (Reading)

Edited by AnglianRed

I would be all over Stanislas. 11 goals and 4 assists play as a one of the wide strikers. Albeit i feel he will have better offers.

I would also be interested in Michael Morrison but given we have Fry Paddy and Hall I do think the defender we will sign will be a utility man who can play CB and either DM or in the full back positions. I mentioned Jack Rodwell as fitting the category of someone who plays CB and DM comfortably and out of contract at Sheff Utd. Not saying we should get him but by way of example. I would be interested in Phil Jagielka. Yes he 39 soon but maybe he can do what Woodgate did in our promotion season. Be like our emergency defender. Albeit i feel sheff utd will offer him a coaching role.

Stanislas is probably on as much if not more than Assombalonga is.  Even assuming that wages across the board will decrease after this past year, I'd be surprised if we're willing to get close to that for new signings.

• Like 1

Evening Gazette has listed a number of players out of contract we could target.

It lists Luton Towns Dan Potts who out of contact. He a left back who can also play CB.

If Johnson leaves as expected and Coulson is not part of NW plans then Potts could kill two birds with one stone in being left back competition for Bola and that 4th choice CB alongside Fry Paddy and Hall. That would also allow Wood a season out on loan.

15 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Evening Gazette has listed a number of players out of contract we could target.

It lists Luton Towns Dan Potts who out of contact. He a left back who can also play CB.

If Johnson leaves as expected and Coulson is not part of NW plans then Potts could kill two birds with one stone in being left back competition for Bola and that 4th choice CB alongside Fry Paddy and Hall. That would also allow Wood a season out on loan.

Dan Potts is only 508 tall so not a centre half, well not a Warnock one.

8 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

It'll be the same merry go round of the same type of players that don't get you promoted. Looks like there is hardly any cash either for transfers/wages

Norwich signed buendia and pukki for less than 2mil combined and they've got them two promotions now. The bargains are out there, we just don't tend to look in the right places. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""