oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

47 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

But whens the last time we signed a player, got something out of them and they went on to play at a higher level due to his time with us?

Adama is probably the only one. Brought in, improved with us then sold on and is playing at a higher level directly from the move.

Bamford, Stuani and Braithwaite got brought in, arguably didn't improve under us then got sold on. Bamford has since thrived and is now at a higher level; Stuani is in a similar boat, but Girona weren't exactly a step up from us, same with Braithwaite pre-Barca move.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

All three of whom were horribly misused at this club.

And with the exception of braithwaite, signed before relegation. And braithwaite did not get a move to a bigger club because of how he performed for us. 

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Adama is probably the only one. Brought in, improved with us then sold on and is playing at a higher level directly from the move.

Bamford, Stuani and Braithwaite got brought in, arguably didn't improve under us then got sold on. Bamford has since thrived and is now at a higher level; Stuani is in a similar boat, but Girona weren't exactly a step up from us, same with Braithwaite pre-Barca move.

I did mean our second relegation! But Adama is the best/only recent example that fits the bill imo. It's not good.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I did mean our second relegation! But Adama is the best/only recent example that fits the bill imo. It's not good.

Adama was also brought in when we were playing at a higher level, whether he was ready for that or not. He was brought in to play at that level. The reality is he wasn't ready for it and Pulis made it so that he was, for sure. But it's not like we spent a less than significant sum on a player whilst we were in this division and made them better.

Braithwaite has the trajectory, but as you say he didn't get his move to the Spanish top flight because of his development here, it was for the same quality and expectation we had of him when we brought him here.

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Ah got you! Yeah in terms of players we have signed post-relegation, I don't think there has been any. 
You could argue the likes of Dijksteel and Bola would potentially go to clubs further up the chain than us. If they did you could have them as examples, but that is all hypothetical at the moment.

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Ah got you! Yeah in terms of players we have signed post-relegation, I don't think there has been any. 
You could argue the likes of Dijksteel and Bola would potentially go to clubs further up the chain than us. If they did you could have them as examples, but that is all hypothetical at the moment.

I don't think either of them is in any way better than our level either. They're good for a top half championship side but they wouldn't see a minute in the premier league. Maybe in a few years Time, but for now definitely not

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I would think Wyke would cost quite alot of £££ unless hes out of contract, so unless we have a decent kitty i doubt we see him back here

He's out contract on a free he'll come if Sunderland promotion fails I assume 

Some very telling comments from NW post match.

I think its safe to assume given Fletcher has been fit for sometime and still rarely gets minutes he has informed club he wants to leave in summer and NW sees no point.

I note few weeks ago he was hoping to give Marvin Johnson a run of games but he another who not getting a start despite NW signing his praises. Another who wants to go play regular football probs.

Warnock said there are “3 or 4 players who dont want to be here”.

If i was a betting a man i would say it is Britt, Fletcher and Johnaon he referring to.

I also think there are question marks over future of Chuba and Spence.

11 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Some very telling comments from NW post match.

I think its safe to assume given Fletcher has been fit for sometime and still rarely gets minutes he has informed club he wants to leave in summer and NW sees no point.

I note few weeks ago he was hoping to give Marvin Johnson a run of games but he another who not getting a start despite NW signing his praises. Another who wants to go play regular football probs.

Warnock said there are “3 or 4 players who dont want to be here”.

If i was a betting a man i would say it is Britt, Fletcher and Johnaon he referring to.

I also think there are question marks over future of Chuba and Spence.

Who don't we have question marks about? 

If we want to be an average mid-table team then our squad is fine but which players are good enough for a promotion push? 

Fry, McNair, Tav, Dijksteel, Bola maybe? Can't think of many more..

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""