oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I doubt Fry wants to leave in any way shape or form but I would not be surprised if Norwich on Ben's recommendation came sniffing to add to their squad for next season as well as preparation if they drop down again. Similar with Bournemouth if they go up and Woodgate tries to entice him down to the South Coast.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

DZ has already hinted that Fry may be off, perhaps he’s one of the players that doesn’t want to be at the club. 

It's more a case of if we want to buy any players in the summer, we need to sell first and he's our most sellable asset, sadly.

3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

DZ has already hinted that Fry may be off, perhaps he’s one of the players that doesn’t want to be at the club. 

When has he hinted that?

He's outright said that neither Tav or Fry will be sold this summer in the press.

He could be wrong, but I don't think he's ever once hinted either will leave this year.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

A while ago I suggested there was more to Fry's injury than the club were letting on. I should make it clear I haven't been told anything, I am not ITK at all!

Hahaha, sorry, I read DZ as NW for some reason. 

That'll teach me to only half pay attention.

19 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's more a case of if we want to buy any players in the summer, we need to sell first and he's our most sellable asset, sadly.

Can’t see it happening, but McNair could be a saleable asset. If Fry and Hall are fit does he play ahead of them? Does he offer enough in midfield for the price tag we could receive? 
Just thinking out loud hear, obviously wouldn’t want to sell him, don’t think Warnock does either. We also need GOOD depth next year, not just a starting 11. 
Think him, Fry and Tav are out saleable assets. Fry and Tav imo are much more important to the 11 then McNair atm. Hopefully we don’t have to sell any of them though.

Warnock at Rotherham game today. Would he be there to scout a player(s) or there because we have them next fixture? Seeing as though we haven't really anything to play for i'd expect the former. I think we'll be in for Juke come the summer.

2 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Warnock at Rotherham game today. Would he be there to scout a player(s) or there because we have them next fixture? Seeing as though we haven't really anything to play for i'd expect the former. I think we'll be in for Juke come the summer.

I expect he's there to scout for the next fixture.

There's nothing to play for but 4 defeats in 5 is bound to concern Warnock, 5 in 6 would be downright worrying. A good portion of the fans are starting to turn, so that slide needs to be halted.

He could also be keeping an eye on Lewis Wing whilst he's there.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I expect he's there to scout for the next fixture.

There's nothing to play for but 4 defeats in 5 is bound to concern Warnock, 5 in 6 would be downright worrying. A good portion of the fans are starting to turn, so that slide needs to be halted.

He could also be keeping an eye on Lewis Wing whilst he's there.

Yeah good point about Wing. He's been fairly quiet, but can't say he's done much wrong either. Been quite an entertaining game albeit no goals.

Tom Heaton is out of contract at Aston Villa at the end of the season. He has slipped to number 2 behind Emiliano Martinez so surely won't want to spend his last few years of his career sat on the bench. He's currently on £60k a week and Villa supposedly want to offer him a contract extension so he will probably have to take a significant wage cut if we're going to have a chance of signing him.

3 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Tom Heaton is out of contract at Aston Villa at the end of the season. He has slipped to number 2 behind Emiliano Martinez so surely won't want to spend his last few years of his career sat on the bench. He's currently on £60k a week and Villa supposedly want to offer him a contract extension so he will probably have to take a significant wage cut if we're going to have a chance of signing him.

Heaton is a premier League goalkeeper all day long, someone will snap him up. Would love him here though

• Like 2
3 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think the 3 previous managers talking about problems with players attitudes just highlights what's been wrong at the club for a long while. Luckily a few of them are moving on this summer.  And they will be in a big shock when they don't get anywhere near the current money they are currently earning.

Bloody hell, not this again?  Look at our results and performances recently, those players haven't been playing, and we are worse if anything.  I mean just think about it.

52 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Yeah good point about Wing. He's been fairly quiet, but can't say he's done much wrong either. Been quite an entertaining game albeit no goals.

Lewis Wing seems to be having a great time at Rotherham, seen a lot of praise for him recently from Rotherham based media.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lewis Wing seems to be having a great time at Rotherham, seen a lot of praise for him recently from Rotherham based media.

I am happy to keep Wing. I know he not everyones cup of tea but I dont think NW will be looking to sign any CMs this summer and Wing is different to what we have. Good option to have around the squad. It would cost us more to replace him than any fee we get for him.

People might mention Mowatt of Barnsley but i think one of the promoted/relegated teams will move for him as he one of the better bosmans available this summer. We wont get close to matching wages he can get elsewhere

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""