oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

4 hours ago, Snowblind said:

I think Chuba has every right to not want to play for Warnock after his comments about him a few weeks back...

Same can be said for a few players.  Why would you want to play for a manager whose beliefs about how to play football are absolutely guaranteed to not get the best out of you?  Who will then blame you for not being the type of player he wants, rather than adapting his own ideas to try and get more from you.  "Yes boss, I'm 5'10'' not 6'3'', sorry about that but other than wearing heals I'm not sure what I can do about it."  If you play every week regardless of how well you play, and you never get any stick, then I dare say you'd be delighted to play for that manager.  Of course the player playing every week is apparently much less responsible for our results than the ones who play only half the games.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Maybe our players just aren’t that good? How many would get into a top 10 team?I can’t really think of any to be honest with you, let alone top 6! 

We are average because we have mainly average players. McNair, Fry, Morsy, and Tav are probably the only ones who I could make a case for getting into other teams. The rest? Probably not. 

Warnock and the club will sign more average players and then not get the best out of them. The cycle continues. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Bloody hell, not this again?  Look at our results and performances recently, those players haven't been playing, and we are worse if anything.  I mean just think about it.

Having bad apples at the club and in the dressing room effects performances on the pitch and morale and that's what I was highlighting that's it's effected our results and being hit and miss.

Doesn't matter if they are starting or not. They train with them every day of the week so it brings a unhealthy morale around the club.

Also, how do you know they haven't been playing? I know that 3 that have been regulars all season and have been starting in the past couple of weeks that have been causing issues weather that be they want to move or been complaining about tactics and training.

23 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Having bad apples at the club and in the dressing room effects performances on the pitch and morale and that's what I was highlighting that's it's effected our results and being hit and miss.

Doesn't matter if they are starting or not. They train with them every day of the week so it brings a unhealthy morale around the club.

Also, how do you know they haven't been playing? I know that 3 that have been regulars all season and have been starting in the past couple of weeks that have been causing issues weather that be they want to move or been complaining about tactics and training.

I would be shocked if any of our players didn’t object to the tactics they are being forced to play, they are professionals after all. If someone encouraged me to carry out my job in a haphazard, simplified and careless way, I’d complain too. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Bad apples?  Give over, man, bloody hell.  Do you really think the results this season are down to bad apples and low morale?  Was that why last season was so bad as well?

But go on then, who are they?  If they are complaining about tactics I'd like to give them a hearty round of applause as they deserve it. 

Your earlier post said they were people who are leaving this summer?  No three regulars who have been starting in the past couple of weeks are out of contract so are we selling three current players?   It would have to be three out of Bola, Hall, Fisher, Howson, McNair, Saville, Spence or Watmore, unless we're also talking loan players of course, in which case why are we still selecting them, if they are bad apples and aren't even our players?  In fact, why are these bad apples who are bad for morale still being selected at all?  But first, let's start with who they are?

Edited by Changing Times
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Bad apples?  Give over, man, bloody hell.  Do you really think the results this season are down to bad apples and low morale?  Was that why last season was so bad as well?

But go on then, who are they?  If they are complaining about tactics I'd like to give them a hearty round of applause as they deserve it. 

Your earlier post said they were people who are leaving this summer?  No three regulars who have been starting in the past couple of weeks are out of contract so are we selling three current players?   It would have to be three out Bola, Hall, Howson, McNair, Saville, Spence or Watmore, unless we're also talking loan players of course, in which case why are we still selecting them, if they are bad apples and aren't even our players?  In fact, why are these bad apples who are bad for morale still being selected at all?  But first, let's start with who they are?

I think these players haven't helped the club over the past 3 managerial appointments and it's set us back as a club as a whole.

What I'm saying is Warnock isn't the 1st to highlight this issue with these players. Warnock, Woodgate and Pulis have all said the same issue ( Granted the players involved have changed over the course of the 3 seasons and I'm sure that happens at every club).

I think the situation having bad apples and egos haven't helped the club's cause over the previous seasons. OBVIOUSLY it's not the only reason, but it certainly has contributed. It's clear as day to see players attitude on the pitch.

I have  stated previously the names of players who were involved and I was shot down by people like yourself, so I'm not going to give you that ammunition by going down that road again. You can make your own judgement on that but players will be getting moved on as a result.

7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think these players haven't helped the club over the past 3 managerial appointments and it's set us back as a club as a whole.

What I'm saying is Warnock isn't the 1st to highlight this issue with these players. Warnock, Woodgate and Pulis have all said the same issue ( Granted the players involved have changed over the course of the 3 seasons and I'm sure that happens at every club).

I think the situation having bad apples and egos haven't helped the club's cause over the previous seasons. OBVIOUSLY it's not the only reason, but it certainly has contributed. It's clear as day to see players attitude on the pitch.

I have  stated previously the names of players who were involved and I was shot down by people like yourself, so I'm not going to give you that ammunition by going down that road again. You can make your own judgement on that but players will be getting moved on as a result.

But you've just said that three players who have been starting in the last couple of weeks are involved?  That isn't any of the out of contract players, so you can't mean Assombalonga, which is the person who I assumed you meant when I replied to you earlier.  So who are the three players that are being moved on because they are bad apples?

The only players at the club currently who have been involved with the past 3 managerial appointments are - Assombalonga, Fletcher, Fry, Howson, McNair, Saville and Tavernier.  Wing would also be one but he obviously isn't here currently.  Assombalonga hasn't started since the game against Derby two months ago.  Fletcher hasn't started since the Bristol City game which was Feb 23rd.  Fry hasn't started since the Millwall game and neither has Tavernier.  That leaves Howson, McNair and Saville as the three to have started regularly over the last couple of weeks.  Are you saying that they are being shipped out?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The only players at the club currently who have been involved with the past 3 managerial appointments are - Assombalonga, Fletcher, Fry, Howson, McNair, Saville and Tavernier.  Wing would also be one but he obviously isn't here currently.  Assombalonga hasn't started since the game against Derby two months ago.  Fletcher hasn't started since the Bristol City game which was Feb 23rd.  Fry hasn't started since the Millwall game and neither has Tavernier.  That leaves Howson, McNair and Saville as the three to have started regularly over the last couple of weeks.  Are you saying that they are being shipped out?

i'll be honest we've all seen these get caught out running back to goal and bimble back in like they dont care. i could say that for more than just them though. only players i'd be gutted to see leave are fry and tav. soon as we lose those two our season falls apart. miles better than the rest of the squad.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i'll be honest we've all seen these get caught out running back to goal and bimble back in like they dont care. i could say that for more than just them though. only players i'd be gutted to see leave are fry and tav. soon as we lose those two our season falls apart. miles better than the rest of the squad.

I'm not sure I'd accuse them of lack of effort though?  Also, didn't we just give Howson a new contract, and the captaincy, so it clearly isn't him.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I'm not sure I'd accuse them of lack of effort though?  Also, didn't we just give Howson a new contract, and the captaincy, so it clearly isn't him.

maybe we have a few lads fed up and giving up almost because of the so called ones who dont want to be here brining the squad moral down to the floor. for me warnock suddenly coming out saying what he did about people not wanting to be here. is more to appease the fans that it will be different next season. we have loads going. so looking at how we tailed off so badly probably due to guys not giving a monkeys were we finish. the squad wasnt together for the run in was it. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

maybe we have a few lads fed up and giving up almost because of the so called ones who dont want to be here brining the squad moral down to the floor. for me warnock suddenly coming out saying what he did about people not wanting to be here. is more to appease the fans that it will be different next season. we have loads going. so looking at how we tailed off so badly probably due to guys not giving a monkeys were we finish. the squad wasnt together for the run in was it. 

I wonder why they gave up...

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/neil-warnock-makes-middlesbrough-play-off-admission-after-bournemouth-loss-plus-dael-fry-and-marcus-tavernier-updates-ahead-of-watford-and-barnsley-3188316?amp

Warnock “I have told the players like Grant [Hall], Jonny [Howson], Paddy [McNair] and Duncan [Watmore], that they will enjoy next season”.

So it’s none of those players, he seems quite happy with the more mature, white men. 

9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Warnock “I have told the players like Grant [Hall], Jonny [Howson], Paddy [McNair] and Duncan [Watmore], that they will enjoy next season”.

So it’s none of those players, he seems quite happy with the more mature, white men. 

There is absolutely no need for that whatsoever.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""