oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

There is absolutely no need for that whatsoever.

No need for what? 

I think an old white man probably relates better to other older white men than to young black men with different cultural identities, would you not agree with that? 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Thing is, we've heard time and time again throughout his stay here how popular and important Assombalonga has been in the changing room. He's a popular figure within the squad. You also hear nothing but good reports about Fletcher... Until Warnock takes charge.

I've never liked Warnock as a person. I've defended him a little on here for the work he's done - especially with players like Dijksteel and Bola. But for a considerable time now performances have been substandard, tactics and team selections have been baffling, and some of our most influential players have been hounded in public. The whole atmosphere seems extremely toxic within the club at the moment.

I'm happy to defend Warnock where he's done well, but all this calling players out in the press whilst taking zero responsibility himself is tantamount bullying tactics to put blame elsewhere. It's childish, it's despicable, and it makes our club look like a laughing stock. It's getting to the point where it'll be another bloody rebuild after Warnock leaves the squad with confidence at Pulis levels of negativity.

• Like 5

We've not been the same since the game with Rotherham that had to get rescheduled. This would lead me to believe it was around this point where somethings gone on, because before that we were playing well and on the up. 

I have a feeling Saville and possibly Mcnair have had something to say behind closed doors, maybe due to their international commitments, and being overplayed. I'm far from ITK so i'm probably barking up the wrong tree 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

No need for what? 

I think an old white man probably relates better to other older white men than to young black men with different cultural identities, would you not agree with that? 

No need to imply that it's Warnock being racist that is causing the current issues.

40 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Warnock “I have told the players like Grant [Hall], Jonny [Howson], Paddy [McNair] and Duncan [Watmore], that they will enjoy next season”.

So it’s none of those players, he seems quite happy with the more mature, white men. 

he probably mentioned them becuase they are fit and playing

Tav and Diksteel would be mentioned if they were fit, and Bola is his 1st choice left back.

10 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

We've not been the same since the game with Rotherham that had to get rescheduled. This would lead me to believe it was around this point where somethings gone on, because before that we were playing well and on the up. 

I have a feeling Saville and possibly Mcnair have had something to say behind closed doors, maybe due to their international commitments, and being overplayed. I'm far from ITK so i'm probably barking up the wrong tree 🤷‍♂️

we've not been the same since we triend to be more attacking, We would potentially have been better off sticking to to the 5-3-2(ish) formation we played at the start of the season for the lase few months. However, i;m guessing that NW wants to see who can deliver in his 4-3-3 style, and if they don't fit or perform, then they can go

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He highlighted his favourites in the interview, not me. Take what you want from that. 

he didn't highlight his favourites, he mentioend some of the key senior players from the starting 11

5 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

he didn't highlight his favourites, he mentioend some of the key senior players from the starting 11

To quote Warnock

“I have told the players like Grant [Hall], Jonny [Howson], Paddy [McNair] and Duncan [Watmore], that they will enjoy next season when I have sorted it all out because we want people like that who want to be here. That is what we want.

They absolutely aren’t his favourites, no siree, he prefers all the other players that he’s continuously thrown under the bus. 

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

To quote Warnock

“I have told the players like Grant [Hall], Jonny [Howson], Paddy [McNair] and Duncan [Watmore], that they will enjoy next season when I have sorted it all out because we want people like that who want to be here. That is what we want.

They absolutely aren’t his favourites, no siree, he prefers all the other players that he’s continuously thrown under the bus. 

The fact is that there are direct quotes from NW that Dijksteel is one of his favourites and that he misses Tav when he's injured, compared to your quote, where he is clearly talking about the guys currently showing the right characteristics he wants in his team. 

It's absolutely pathetic that you think this has anything to do with race. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

The fact is that there are direct quotes from NW that Dijksteel is one of his favourites and that he misses Tav when he's injured, compared to your quote, where he is clearly talking about the guys currently showing the right characteristics he wants in his team. 

It's absolutely pathetic that you think this has anything to do with race. 

Is it ok to have an opinion that differs from yours? Or is that pathetic too?

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Is it ok to have an opinion that differs from yours? Or is that pathetic too?

Haha, no one is stopping you from having an opinion, but you seem to have an issue with people having an opinion on your opinion. 

And yes,in my opinion, your opinion and race bating attempt is pathetic

Funny you never hear Warnock say a bad word about Bola, Dijksteel, Fisher, Tav, Bolasie, Kebano and yet he's racist af.

Hoofball playing, finger pointing, angry, Gringotts goblin looking motherfucker maybe, but not racist.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Haha, no one is stopping you from having an opinion, but you seem to have an issue with people having an opinion on your opinion. 

And yes,in my opinion, your opinion and race bating attempt is pathetic

Great, I’m glad you think I’m wrong, I hope that you are right. It’s a point worth debating though isn’t it?

let’s start again...I think NW has more in common with McNair, Howson, Hall and Watmore than he does with Spence, Akpom and Johnson.

What do you think?

I can't believe our season has sunk so low that we're debating whether our not our manager is racist. The proportion of black players in a typical starting XI would certainly suggest not, as would giving Britt the captain's armband. Is our refusal to take the knee also going to be blamed on Warnock now?

When I read the quote about Watmore et al, I didn't even realise the players he's named were all white. Could it be Warnock himself didn't realise, either? As in, it doesn't matter because a player's significance to the team or recent level of performance is completely unconnected to their skin colour?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""