oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

27 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Nope, not at all. It just occurred to me when I saw the 4 names mentioned by Warnock and I thought it was worth mentioning. 

I say this with respect to you.

If you had looked at the full picture and not just focused on that comment alone then I honestly don't think it was worth mentioning. And you would agree.

The number of non-white players he has signed during his 12 months here, the high praise of our two black full backs and fact he has said Dijksteel like a son to him who he invites to his house for food etc.

This is before we even get on to fact Bolasie and NML they primart reason for signing for us is Warnock. Former said NW probs managed him through best part of his career and he loved playing for him.

So no i don't think it was worth mentioning if all had been considered.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I say this with respect to you.

If you had looked at the full picture and not just focused on that comment alone then I honestly don't think it was worth mentioning. And you would agree.

The number of non-white players he has signed during his 12 months here, the high praise of our two black full backs and fact he has said Dijksteel like a son to him who he invites to his house for food etc.

This is before we even get on to fact Bolasie and NML they primart reason for signing for us is Warnock. Former said NW probs managed him through best part of his career and he loved playing for him.

So no i don't think it was worth mentioning if all had been considered.

I certainly wish I hadn’t mentioned it, I really didn’t expect such a big reaction and such venom from people on here.  

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I certainly wish I hadn’t mentioned it, I really didn’t expect such a big reaction and such venom from people on here.  

Didn't think you'd get a reaction to an obviously race baiting comment? Come on man, you're old enough to know what you were doing.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We all make mistakes so best thing to do is learn from it.

However, you cant go around making baseless labels (or in your case indirectly claiming) someone might have racist tendencies when there no evidence to suggest it does not and not expect a reaction.

Being wrongly labelled or it being indirectly implied you are a racist does not and should not affect just the person. It should affect any person with a conscious hence why people rightly defended Neil Warnock on that. Even those posters who are not a fan of his as a manager.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Didn't think you'd get a reaction to an obviously race baiting comment? Come on man, you're old enough to know what you were doing.

I thought I might get a few laughing face emojis, I obviously misread the room. 

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I thought I might get a few laughing face emojis, I obviously misread the room. 

Well with BLM still fresh in peoples' memories and with the number of footballers getting racist abuse on social media, I think its something most just don't find funny anymore.

Best all round just to steer well clear of those sort of jokes, even if there's no malicious intent.

Oh man, reading the last few pages of this thread is worse than watching a Warnock football team play. For the record I think Warnock has more in common with a Sloth than a technically gifted footballer.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Oh man, reading the last few pages of this thread is worse than watching a Warnock football team play. For the record I think Warnock has more in common with a Sloth than a technically gifted footballer.

Well, he did appoint one as team captain 🙂 (Joke)...  not to be taken seriously Etc Etc 

38 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

From what I hear we will be looking for at least 2 if not 3 strikers. 

No *** Sherlock.

I am also hearing from my super secret sauces we will sign a goal keeper. Keep it under your hat 🤫

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Sloth...really?

I've always thought of him as an aggressive pigeon...or possibly a chicken...

premier league football GIF by BT Sport

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""