oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Akpom, Saville and Spence? 

You said sold in the summer so I have to assume they are contracted pasted June 2021. What's my reward?

I did put a little clue in there, didn't I 😉

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Warnock has hinted a few times in recent weeks about Saville and Spence having to prove themselves. 

Quite scary to think we could loose Betteneli, Archer, Stoj, Coulson, Spence, Saville, Wing, Johnson, Bolasie, Kebano, NML, Britt, Fletcher and Akpom this summer.

It’s a big ass rebuilding job this summer.

add in the effects of COVID on the clubs finances, Brexit and who you can and can’t sign and it’s such a huge task.

add in an inept recruitment department and we could very well be sat on deadline day with the lights off at the Riverside and Warnock on SSN saying we are hopeful of getting 14 deals over the line in the next 30 seconds

Edited by GrimsbyBoro
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We’re going to be rich!!!

More like a little less poor. We'll have managed to "pick a pocket or two", but essentially Boro will still be:

Hungry Dinner GIF

add in an inept recruitment department and we could very well be sat on deadline day with the lights off at the Riverside and Warnock on SSN saying we are hopeful of getting 14 deals over the line in the next 30 seconds

Thats the nagging doubt I have which makes me sceptical about our chance of challenging for promotion next season.

Even when we have money to spend, it always seems to take until the 11th hour to get deals signed. In our current position it will only be harder.

Edited by AnglianRed
6 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Warnock has hinted a few times in recent weeks about Saville and Spence having to prove themselves. 

Saville doesn't have anything to prove really.  Rate him or not, he's an established player, established international and so on.  Frankly he's probably been one of our better players this season, I know that's not saying a great deal, but if he needed to prove himself then there's a few more who need to as well and Warnock certainly isn't calling them out. Spence is a kid, and as I said the other day, he should still be no more than a promising squad player that we're looking to develop.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Spence is a kid, and as I said the other day, he should still be no more than a promising squad player that we're looking to develop.

If Spence works hard, listens and actually does develop then I agree. However, given some of Warnock's comments regarding how he may end up at the top clubs or end up in non-league, I imagine there's a good chance he's not showing enough of a propensity towards doing any of these things. Did we ever find out why Fulham let him go? 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""