oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

The bit in yesterday's press conference which struck me was when he was talking about Mourinho being sacked. He said something along the lines of,

"They're listening to the players, which is absolutely ridiculous... some owners listen all the time and some have got a little more common sense." 

I wonder if that's actually directed at us also.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Assombalonga & Fletcher have left the club this morning.

Apparently first thing this morning they were told by Leo to go and find the back of the net in training and haven't been seen since. Apparently the underwater search and rescue team are scouring the River Skerne but all they have found so far are around 300 balls presumably from Britt practicing Penalty Kicks down the years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

If true that's 22 mill *** into the void.

Disappointed we couldn't negotiate terms with Fletcher, only striker we have that I'd want to keep. Saying that maybe a total overhaul of our strikers isn't the worst thing that could happen, especially if Kavanagh and Coburn are as promising as the noises coming out of the club make them out to be.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2021&ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Quite the list there for freebies, hear that Messi fella's not the worst about but his age raises a few doubts.

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Wow. Be weird not seeing them on the teamsheet now. Reckon NW will just fill it with young lads now

Either that or Akpom now has the coveted lone striker role for the rest of the season, with Watmore, Bolasie & Kebano filling in if he fancies having 2 up front, or going 4-3-3.

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Either that or Akpom now has the coveted lone striker role for the rest of the season, with Watmore, Bolasie & Kebano filling in if he fancies having 2 up front, or going 4-3-3.

Yeah i agree. Was more on the bench i mean. Like hes been doing. Might promote a couple more lads

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CrazyL said:

Assombalonga & Fletcher have left the club this morning.

That's not strictly true.  They've been told that they can leave but they're still stuck in the car park as they keep missing the exit.

4 hours ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

If Spence works hard, listens and actually does develop then I agree. However, given some of Warnock's comments regarding how he may end up at the top clubs or end up in non-league, I imagine there's a good chance he's not showing enough of a propensity towards doing any of these things. Did we ever find out why Fulham let him go? 

That's entirely possible but to me the issue is that he isn't ready to be a first choice starter, however he's being picked like he is, and then being judged like he is.  I think people might have misunderstood my defending the lad at times.  I don't think he's a great player, and I don't think he needs to be in the side every week.  He's just someone I see with potential.  A player like Morsy, for example, has reached the peak of what they are.  He'll never be more than he is now.  Spence can be more than he is now although it's certainly not guaranteed.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Wow. Be weird not seeing them on the teamsheet now. Reckon NW will just fill it with young lads now

Who will he bring on for 9 mins now?

Edited by Changing Times
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah it's a pretty massive u turn which makes me think there's actually been an event that has triggered all of this as opposed to just people not buying into his vision. It was only a few weeks ago that he was saying he only needed 3 or 4 and now its sounding like he wants a whole new team. Anyone heard anything about what might have triggered such a shift?

Only winning 7 games since Christmas might have triggered it.  More people pointing fingers at him might have triggered it.  The players must to be the problem because if not...

37 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's not strictly true.  They've been told that they can leave but they're still stuck in the car park as they keep missing the exit.

Britt was originally going to go by train, but the club were scared that he’d manage to miss that as well. 

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Britt was originally going to go by train, but the club were scared that he’d manage to miss that as well. 

It would be more apt if he went by carthorse billy 🤣

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""