• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

It's going to sound like I'm going on, but I don't really care - players are coached in a different way from youth level now adays. They aren't allowed to head the ball, English football has taken a turn towards the more technical, European style with less of an emphasis on physical attributes.

As a result, logically there will be less players knocking around that will fit right into warnocks preferred style of play to an effective level. It's why these old school coaches are slowly but surely becoming redundant, they just don't fit the ethos of the game anymore - Bruce won't last past this season, big Sam is about to be relegated, pulis is practically unemployable now. 

You are correct. The FA are trying to get all grass route coaches right from Level 1 to get players to become masters of the ball. If anyone wants to look at this in more detail, Pete Sturgess is the absolute goat when it comes to getting young players to stay on the ball. 

Pulis ball will be dead in the future and to be honest with Warnocks appointment you can see it’s not as effective as it once was anyway. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

See a young left back William Kokolo has travelled with the squad. Never heard of the lad!

Signed him from Sunderland last summer i think mate. Or he was released by them.  Played in a few pre season friendlies last summer if memory serves me right

If we're to assume that coulson and Spence are out the door too, either on loan or otherwise that leaves our squad with 14 players with proper first team experience -

GK -

Stojanovic

Df-

Dijksteel, hall, McNair, Bola, fry

Mf -

Morsy, howson, saville, Tav, wing, browne

Fw -

Akpom, watmore

Out of that list we know Warnock doesn't rate wing, akpom and Stojanovic. We've no idea what shape Browne will come back in/when or what Warnock thinks of him. Saville, he rarely talks about and has him out of the lineup when everyone is fit in the second half of the season generally. 

So essentially we have 9 players in the squad that we know Warnock wants here.

This is remarkable. How much worse run could we possibly get?

• Sad 1
44 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

See a young left back William Kokolo has travelled with the squad. Never heard of the lad!

He sounds exotic, so he's fine by me. If he was called William Brown or something, I wouldn't fancy him! 

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I dare say somebody will be along any minute saying I got it wrong because I said this morning and not yesterday!

Well that explains what NW said had kept him busy yesterday 

8 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

He sounds exotic, so he's fine by me. If he was called William Brown or something, I wouldn't fancy him! 

IIRC Sunderland got him from Monaco's youth system 

17 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

Do hope his training ground nickname is Willy Kok or I'll have lost all respect for our lads.

17 minutes ago, MMC said:

Doesn't seem to be too much love lost with Assombalonga judging by his twitter likes

Whats been said?

17 minutes ago, MMC said:

Doesn't seem to be too much love lost with Assombalonga judging by his twitter likes

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""