• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Is Glatzel the one we were interested in summer Woodgate came. He then scored 4 goals v us for his then German club in a friendly that summer?

Apparently our interest in him forced Cardiff to pay a bit more. Cant remember if Warnock said this whilst Cardiff manager or as Boro boss when we fame up against Cardiff last season. 

I could have either made the above in my own head or have the wrong player. Alternatively it could all be true.

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Is Glatzel the one we were interested in summer Woodgate came. He then scored 4 goals v us for his then German club in a friendly that summer?

Apparently our interest in him forced Cardiff to pay a bit more. Cant remember if Warnock said this whilst Cardiff manager or as Boro boss when we fame up against Cardiff last season. 

I could have either made the above in my own head or have the wrong player. Alternatively it could all be true.

That is indeed the player, yes.

41 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

If you hear the sound of someone screaming in the distance don't worry, it's just Robin Johnson.

Be great signing to keep him on, especially if we get some one capable of getting on the end of his crosses 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That is indeed the player, yes.

Thank you, knew I was right.

So it seems both our scouting department, previous boss and current boss were fans of his. 

He would not be top of my list but someone worth considering if we fail to get other targets.

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

If you hear the sound of someone screaming in the distance don't worry, it's just Robin Johnson.

Be the best signing we make if we can. He should be the number 1 priority. Kebano too if possible

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Be the best signing we make if we can. He should be the number 1 priority. Kebano too if possible

Warnock in today’s paper

“However, Warnock is doubtful that Neeskens Kebano will be back next season, with the Fulham man still under contract at Craven Cottage and likely out of Boro's price range.

The future of the duo came up after the pair put in more impressive performances in the midweek victory over Rotherham United.

Asked about their futures, Warnock said: “Neeskens has got another year at Fulham, so I don’t think there’s much chance of anything happening there unless they want to loan him out again. 

"I would imagine they’ll be looking at Neeskens and thinking, ‘Well, he’s got a year left, we might as well try and sell him if we’re not going to be using him rather than let his contract run out’.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

Warnock in today’s paper

“However, Warnock is doubtful that Neeskens Kebano will be back next season, with the Fulham man still under contract at Craven Cottage and likely out of Boro's price range.

The future of the duo came up after the pair put in more impressive performances in the midweek victory over Rotherham United.

Asked about their futures, Warnock said: “Neeskens has got another year at Fulham, so I don’t think there’s much chance of anything happening there unless they want to loan him out again. 

"I would imagine they’ll be looking at Neeskens and thinking, ‘Well, he’s got a year left, we might as well try and sell him if we’re not going to be using him rather than let his contract run out’.”

I should have actually read the article haha. Just read the headline on here. Ah well.

8 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

BOLASIE- ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!  One or two decent runs- and amazingly scored a couple- mind he has missed a few. Still think he is an expensive luxury!

image.gif.6e9e6e2e0efcb61f762f0f67e8eb3966.gif

😉

• Haha 4

Be good if we keep Bolasie him being here in its self may attract strikers to come. I like Kebano as well but he may cost too much especially when we do need to sign about 9 players.  With a new Keeper, CB cover, LB cover, CM, 3 wingers, 2 Strikers.        This list is going by mendez, Bolasie and Kebano going 

1 hour ago, Robin Johnson said:

BOLASIE- ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!  One or two decent runs- and amazingly scored a couple- mind he has missed a few. Still think he is an expensive luxury!

Good job its not your money then lol

It’s amazing how good some of our players have become just because we beat Rotherham. These players have been part of an attack that hasn’t exactly thrived but one win and we want them all back next season?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It’s amazing how good some of our players have become just because we beat Rotherham. These players have been part of an attack that hasn’t exactly thrived but one win and we want them all back next season?

Going up as champions by Christmas 💪

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""