oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't think we should change a thing in terms of our recruitment, just leave it to the usual suspects who have done such sterling work over the last decade.

Why on earth would you risk all that and allow Warnock to try it his way. There is far too much to lose, more Rudy Gestede's and Adlene Guedioura's please. Let's continue overpaying for the next generation of overpaid donkeys for the boo boys to hone their skills on. 

Too late, it's already changed significantly over the last 18 months 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

When we signed him he said he had wanted him for a long time and that he was his top target. Why would he say those things if he'd never seen him play outside of a video? Regardless of which time he was telling the truth, he was lying on one of the occasions. 

Because you don't say "KIeffer Moore was my number one choice, but we couldn't sign him, so we've got this bloke who I've never heard of.  Let's hope he's not ***."

It's standard management talk.  It's hardly a surprise Warnock has it down pat.

7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't think we should change a thing in terms of our recruitment, just leave it to the usual suspects who have done such sterling work over the last decade.

Why on earth would you risk all that and allow Warnock to try it his way. There is far too much to lose, more Rudy Gestede's and Adlene Guedioura's please. Let's continue overpaying for the next generation of overpaid donkeys for the boo boys to hone their skills on. 

Decade is a little unfair! In that time we've jolted from Scottish revolution to bargain bin to Spanish revolution to "what's that player worth to you, well double it!" back to bargain bin to "how tall is he? Nope". 

Say what you want but we aren't afraid to shake things up!

5 minutes ago, macapes said:

Because you don't say "KIeffer Moore was my number one choice, but we couldn't sign him, so we've got this bloke who I've never heard of.  Let's hope he's not ***."

It's standard management talk.  It's hardly a surprise Warnock has it down pat.

It's the second quote most people took issue with, where he threw the scouting team and akpom himself under the bus rather than take any personal responsibility. The fact that he originally emphasised how akpom was his signing and someone he followed for a long time just shows nothing he says can be taken at face value. That's putting it kindly.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, HolgateBoy said:

He wasn't his top target, Moore was, we just failed on getting him in. However i'll defend Akpom in a sense, as he doesn't suit the system we play, nor should NW have outed him in public.

Didn't he literally say Akpom was his first choice and he'd been watching him for ages?

10 hours ago, Brunners said:

Didn't he literally say Akpom was his first choice and he'd been watching him for ages?

Ronnie and Kevin forgot to tell him the YouTube video they sat him down in front of was on a loop

"This striker's brilliant lads, look he scores loads!"

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Brunners said:

i think he said he watched him when he wan on loan in the championship and was interested in him then.

All a bit pointless now, he's already our player now

11 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19265942.middlesbrough-expecting-summer-transfer-interest-djed-spence/

Happy for Spence to go to generate extra funds. We are well stocked at RB for me. Dont need 3 RBs. What would be a fair price for him?

I think over 5mil and we'd have to consider. Under and I'd rather keep hold as I think there's a lot more to come from him. Have to keep reminding people that he's 20.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""