oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Can't believe I'm reading this, If someone is willing to pay 5m for spence, snap there fooking hand off.  He's bang average, and if he's near our first team next season can't see anything other than a mid table finish.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I’ll tell you exactly how I know Spence’s attitude is off 99% of the time. 

He came on Saturday and smashed into a tackle, won the ball and flew forward at his max speed and got in behind to create a chance. So that’s what he’s capable of. 

For the people defending him, how often do you see that from him? Almost never. He jogs and ambles round the pitch, you’ll be sat urging him to beat his man and use his pace but he always just turns back and passes it off.

Anyone who has played football at a decent level can tell when a player is giving it everything they’ve got or not. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’ll tell you exactly how I know Spence’s attitude is off 99% of the time. 

He came on Saturday and smashed into a tackle, won the ball and flew forward at his max speed and got in behind to create a chance. So that’s what he’s capable of. 

For the people defending him, how often do you see that from him? Almost never. He jogs and ambles round the pitch, you’ll be sat urging him to beat his man and use his pace but he always just turns back and passes it off.

Anyone who has played football at a decent level can tell when a player is giving it everything they’ve got or not. 

So you think Warnock is okay with him being like that?

Very long time lurker here and first time posting... absolutely not ITK but just heard something today about a new GK. There’s a player identified who NW is in contact with regularly. No idea if it’ll come off but I was told looking very likely from a very close contact of the player who I know well. Good age, lots of potential and Championship experience. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

Very long time lurker here and first time posting... absolutely not ITK but just heard something today about a new GK. There’s a player identified who NW is in contact with regularly. No idea if it’ll come off but I was told looking very likely from a very close contact of the player who I know well. Good age, lots of potential and Championship experience. 

Welcome to the forum BB. You’re such a tease 😃 anything else you can tell us. Age, former clubs , (name 😉)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Are you Spence agent by any chance? 😂 

You talk a good talk but you are forgetting 1 vital thing regarding ex Academy players we had break through... They had potential and showed they had something to develop.

We have seen nothing at all from Spence offensively or defensively

I think that’s a bit harsh. He’s had decent spells both defensively and offensively. He’s certainly showed in flashes that he has talent in both ends of the pitch. It’s the time in between those moments where he looks a bit lethargic and out of place. I’m not his biggest at fan but at 20 he has lots of time to improve, which also justifies why NW keeps picking him and why he has interest. I’d certainly sell for 5 million but 1-2 million is ludicrous. He’s 20, English, homegrown and plays an interesting position. All things that Premier Leagues clubs look at. His nationality probably doubles his value as it’s not easy to bring foreign talent in cheap after Brexit. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

The same Bolasie that has started trying hard when his future contract is literally the basis for his performance each game?

Dont get me wrong, his desire and effort should be applauded 100%. But would I see him making those runs and effort being put in when he’s got a contract elsewhere? I’m not so sure. 

I just reckon that Bolasie likes to play football on the pitch after a torrid time at Everton. He probably doesn’t need the money after earning something like 15 million during his time at Everton. 

23 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

Don’t know if it’s the same lad but we have been looking at Sunderland’s keeper Burge. 

based on our operating methods I would guess we will be linked with the Portsmouth lad again.

27 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

I’ve got my fingers crossed for Kamil Grabara or Daniel Iversen. 

36 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Welcome to the forum BB. You’re such a tease 😃 anything else you can tell us. Age, former clubs , (name 😉)

English, mid-20’s. Got around 150apps with around half in the championship and the rest through loans. Don’t really want to say much more as I’m sure I wasn’t give the info to post on here 🤣

Edited by Brisbrough
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Are you Spence agent by any chance? 😂 

You talk a good talk but you are forgetting 1 vital thing regarding ex Academy players we had break through... They had potential and showed they had something to develop.

We have seen nothing at all from Spence offensively or defensively

😂 if only I was a football agent 💰. But I just feel it’s harsh to write off a player who has shown some promise in some games when his confidence was high. I don’t think he can be properly judged in a team of players who have underperformed as a group alongside two managers of Woodgate and Warnock who have played trash football for the majority of their game. Would that be the right environment to develop in? I’m not so sure. And for that reason, I’d say to give him at least a final year as a make or break season for him

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

English, mid-20’s. Got around 150apps with around half in the championship and the rest through loans. Don’t really want to say much more as I’m sure I wasn’t give the info to post on here 🤣

If this ends up being Bettinelli someone please remove this man from the forum 😒

• Haha 3
22 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Ugh.

Wolves leading the race to sign him. Just watch them turn him into a great full-back...or winger.

The money would certainly help if we can get £5m plus. Its just the thought of another player we couldn't get to perform, leaving and blossoming at another club.

22 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Watched Semedo play for them a few times and he’s just as useless as Spence, so the fact they spent £35m on him makes me believe this link wholeheartedly...

Maybe they're hoping to offload Semedo. If they paid £35m for him, he's likely also on a hefty wage.

They may be making the same mistake if they sign Spence, but at least it'll be cheaper. 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

We’re going to need the money- apparently Warnock wants 3 strikers!

...which he'll never play as he'll continue to stick wide players or attacking midfielders up front! 😁

3 strikers? Wonder if that means he's looking to ditch Akpom as soon as possible?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""