• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Okay, this thread is officially getting silly now. Comparing Spence to Traore? 

Really?

REALLY?

I think it’s really just about players with possible unfulfilled potential rather than comparing the two directly.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Really?

REALLY?

I think people are comparing the transfer of Traore to the potential transfer of Spence (given it is the same club interested) and the situation of both (in terms of varying potential) rather than actually comparing both players directly. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I think people are comparing the transfer of Traore to the potential transfer of Spence (given it is the same club interested) and the situation of both (in terms of varying potential) rather than actually comparing both players directly. 

I literally found posts from around the time I mentioned comparing his effect on the team to that of Traore's and I'm pretty sure at least one of them now contests he's capable of doing anything of merit with his career. How does a young player with potential clear to everyone last season suddenly become a player people would drive away from the club for a relative pittance. It's just daft, in my opinion. 20 years old.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
On 5/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, DevKWat said:

I’ll tell you exactly how I know Spence’s attitude is off 99% of the time. 

He came on Saturday and smashed into a tackle, won the ball and flew forward at his max speed and got in behind to create a chance. So that’s what he’s capable of. 

For the people defending him, how often do you see that from him? Almost never. He jogs and ambles round the pitch, you’ll be sat urging him to beat his man and use his pace but he always just turns back and passes it off.

Anyone who has played football at a decent level can tell when a player is giving it everything they’ve got or not. 

That can be because that's what they've been told to do by a manager though...

Remember seeing an interview with a full back - I think it was one who played under Plus at Stoke - who was saying exactly this. That the fans would say to him "why didn't you do [X], [y] or [z] " - and the reason was that they'd been expressly told by their manager to do exactly what they had on the pitch, and how frustrating it was as a player. You get it in the neck from fans when you're only following orders, but if you do what the fans want you're given a barrage from the gaffer and unlikely to play the next game.

We know what Spence *can* do. He's one of the few who looked better under Woody. I don't think it's a coincidence that Spence's value in the eyes of fans has dropped significantly only since Warnock has been in charge.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

Akpom on his way too? That’s if we can drum up any interest. If we could push for £2 million ? That would be a result!

Anything that helps us bring in Bolasie permanently, eh? 🙃

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Really?

REALLY?

No. It’s just that some people can’t read. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snowblind said:

We know what Spence *can* do. He's one of the few who looked better under Woody. I don't think it's a coincidence that Spence's value in the eyes of fans has dropped significantly only since Warnock has been in charge.

This I can agree with. Some players just fit better in the systems of some managers. In a Warnock system, Djed’s lapses in concentration make him a weak link, in a Woodgate system, he flourished with the freedom. 
Since Warnock is the manager for the foreseeable, if he’s not showing signs of learning and improving and we get an acceptable offer, there’s no point in having him stagnate here. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Snowblind said:

That can be because that's what they've been told to do by a manager though...

Remember seeing an interview with a full back - I think it was one who played under Plus at Stoke - who was saying exactly this. That the fans would say to him "why didn't you do [X], [y] or [z] " - and the reason was that they'd been expressly told by their manager to do exactly what they had on the pitch, and how frustrating it was as a player. You get it in the neck from fans when you're only following orders, but if you do what the fans want you're given a barrage from the gaffer and unlikely to play the next game.

The old "caught between a rock and a hard place" situation.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""