oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Has Spence been sold yet?

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉

image.png.0fa4d3905ffb9f31b5a69daafb1a2440.png

It is mad seeing how different Fry is viewed compared to last season through some people's eyes. Similar to Spence this season, if Spence stays and has a quality season next year people will forget the fact they ever wanted rid of him this time round.

Obviously not saying I expect that level of improvement from Spence. I also didn't think Fry had a good season last year as much as I didn't want to sell him but comments like that are mad, mate. He was 22, was in a team that all round had a bad season and should never have been down there and you made comments like that, any sort of monetary offer! It's why when you say 200k for Spence and I'm just like... whaaaaaaat!? 😄

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉

It is mad seeing how different Fry is viewed compared to last season through some people's eyes. Similar to Spence this season, if Spence stays and has a quality season next year people will forget the fact they ever wanted rid of him this time round.

Obviously not saying I expect that level of improvement from Spence. I also didn't think Fry had a good season last year as much as I didn't want to sell him but comments like that are mad, mate. He was 22, was in a team that all round had a bad season and should never have been down there and you made comments like that, any sort of monetary offer! It's why when you say 200k for Spence and I'm just like... whaaaaaaat!? 😄

eye fry was being exposed for pace because w were all over the place. spence is some way off frys level atm but thats not the case. in future djed may be better who knows,

30 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Spence isn't even Championship level, and I'll bet you money that this is the highest level he'll ever play at.

I wont make the bet with you but your offer of a bet would be more credible if you said “spence at best is championship level and he wont play at a level higher than this”.

Its almost contradictory to say you don't think he is championship level but then ask people to make a bet with you that means you win the bet if he continues to play at championship level.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉

I'd sell Fry tbh

3 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

eye fry was being exposed for pace because w were all over the place. spence is some way off frys level atm but thats not the case. in future djed may be better who knows,

Frys entire problem seemed to be having to play on the left side of defence. Almost as soon as he went back to central in a 3 or on the right of a two, he was back to his best again.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Frys entire problem seemed to be having to play on the left side of defence. Almost as soon as he went back to central in a 3 or on the right of a two, he was back to his best again.

If you remember he was almost like an orthodox left back at times in where he was being called into action.  Although I don't think he was as bad as others made out anyway.  Some of his 'mistakes' were really other players mistakes but he got the blame for them.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

If you remember he was almost like an orthodox left back at times in where he was being called into action.  Although I don't think he was as bad as others made out anyway.  Some of his 'mistakes' were really other players mistakes but he got the blame for them.

A fair point; I will say that I think a lot of his mistakes were like chain mistakes as he was out of position covering someone elses original mistake, but he was definitely far, far below the level we know he can play at.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""