• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I’ve heard something but I don’t know how concrete... Victor Moses on a free.

Didn’t he do a medical with us about 10 years ago. 

edit: wasn’t there a recents article on Moses saying Warnock was one of the best managers he had worked with?

don't know if he would be willing to drop to Championship (or accept lower wages) but have seen him on wing and as wing-back and full back, so would probably be a better option if Kebano goes back to Fulham but he seems to have become one of those "worldies" that have gone off the tracks somewhere along the line. Still on Chelseas books but has been farmed out so often that there has to be a reason that he has never established himself anywhere, though that might be why he is linked with us. Not sure about that one, but if he is anywhere near player of his early years, would be a good signing

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Moses is on 50K a week.....

Correct, however Bolasie is on more and Warnock seems confident enough that we would strike a deal. Moses hasn’t played an awful lot of games the past few years and maybe would struggle to earn a deal at Premier League level. He also has a superb relationship with Neil. As I say, don’t know how concrete but it seems to ‘fit’

• Thanks 1

Bolasie and moses on either side would be decent at this level but you just know that they'll be looking a last pay day - at least 3-4 year contracts likely when both are over 30. Just what I feared would happen under this manager. 

Don't get promoted, then stuck with aging, declining players who might not fit the new managers style = another 2 or 3 years of belt tightening. It'll be downing all over again.

I'd rather we only sign one of them and on a max 2 year deal - I don't think we're in a position to negotiate such a deal as both will have interest from clubs with more money. 

11 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Bolasie and moses on either side would be decent at this level but you just know that they'll be looking a last pay day - at least 3-4 year contracts likely when both are over 30. Just what I feared would happen under this manager. 

Don't get promoted, then stuck with aging, declining players who might not fit the new managers style = another 2 or 3 years of belt tightening. It'll be downing all over again.

I'd rather we only sign one of them and on a max 2 year deal - I don't think we're in a position to negotiate such a deal as both will have interest from clubs with more money. 

Way to get upset over something that you have just made up and have no idea about mate.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Way to get upset over something that you have just made up and have no idea about mate.

Do you think those guys will take a massive hit on wages for a short term contract in the championship when they have bigger clubs who can offer more after them?

I'm not upset because it hasn't happened - just saying what will likely happen if we do sign multiple players of that ilk and that I'd prefer us not to do that.

12 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Still on Chelseas books but has been farmed out so often that there has to be a reason that he has never established himself anywhere, though that might be why he is linked with us. Not sure about that one, but if he is anywhere near player of his early years, would be a good signing

Probably because he is on such a good contract that he won't see that anywhere else and he doesn't want to give that up, which is understandable. Teams loan him but simply can't afford or is willing to sign him permanently on those terms. Next year will be anothe rloan for him. Getting him here on a one-year loan deal would be decent if Chelsea pay a large part of his wages. Can't see it though. I think we will get Bolasie though. Struggle to see many top flight teams offering him a deal.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Do you think those guys will take a massive hit on wages for a short term contract in the championship when they have bigger clubs who can offer more after them?

I'm not upset because it hasn't happened - just saying what will likely happen if we do sign multiple players of that ilk and that I'd prefer us not to do that.

I have no idea what these guys will do; and neither do you.

@Neverbefore i dont think we need to worry about paying big wages this summer. That is not me saying club would not pay stupid wages as we got form for it but they simply cant even if they wanted to. 

NW has talked a lot of players needing to be realistic and even mentioned Bolasie in that respect. He needs to choose if he wants the big pay day abroad or regular football at home. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""