oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

22 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I have no idea what these guys will do; and neither do you.

Christ, I'm just saying what I don't want to happen, keep your hair on. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

I think there'll be a lot of players having to accept wage cuts or ending up unattached this summer. And that's not a bad thing. Football finance is a bucket with no bottom - the faster you pour broadcasting revenue in at the top, the faster it floods out the bottom on player wages, without even touching the sides.

If the likes of Bolassie and Moses accept they need a significant pay cut to continue playing first team football rather than rotting in the stiffs or working out at home waiting for a phone call, that'll benefit football as a whole, not just us. 

• Like 4

I'd love for us to go for Joe Rothwell or Alex Mowatt for a bit of creativity in our midfield, ones more likely than the other mind

11 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I'd love for us to go for Joe Rothwell or Alex Mowatt for a bit of creativity in our midfield, ones more likely than the other mind

would love Mowatt. Exactly what we could do with. Cost a bomb now i bet

Honestly I'd prefer Rothwell, stood out vs Rotherham the other day and he's out of contract end of the season I believe

Where does Rothwell play? No.10 or further back as a no.8 almost.

Looking at his stats he has less goals and assists than Geroge Saville this season who is not every boro fans cup of tea.

I recall Rothwell scored the winner v us.

59 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

wow, big bulk of some decent players seem out of contract dont they. id be all over this

At the moment, would you leave Barnsley for Boro? Even if they don't get promoted this season. I also think that a midfielder on a free transfer who's just got into the EFL team of the season will probably have plenty of offers other than us and Barnsley, teams coming down being the big ones. Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham will undoubtedly have a look to see if they can find a place for him.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Middlesbrough are interested in signing Derby County forward Martyn Waghorn this summer.

hes absolutely turd btw. its probably utter bullshart like.

4 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

I think there'll be a lot of players having to accept wage cuts or ending up unattached this summer. And that's not a bad thing. Football finance is a bucket with no bottom - the faster you pour broadcasting revenue in at the top, the faster it floods out the bottom on player wages, without even touching the sides.

If the likes of Bolassie and Moses accept they need a significant pay cut to continue playing first team football rather than rotting in the stiffs or working out at home waiting for a phone call, that'll benefit football as a whole, not just us. 

I'm not sure there will be a great deal of difference to how things were before Covid.  Bolasie's situation is that he signed a substantial contract whilst in the Premier League, and for different reasons it hasn't really worked out for him at Everton.  His contract is coming to an end and he is likely to have to drop down a level to get regular football or perhaps move abroad.  Even pre-covid, his options would have likely been limited to China or the Middle East if he wanted to keep being paid at the same level, and given that he isn't a top player, it could have been difficult for him anyway.  A move to the Championship would have necessitated a drop in wages 5 years ago, 3 years ago, a year ago and now.  I don't think this has changed at all.  Plenty of players will end up with pay rises this summer, the likes of Mowatt and Rothwell, mentioned above, will be two of them I bet.

21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

At the moment, would you leave Barnsley for Boro? Even if they don't get promoted this season. I also think that a midfielder on a free transfer who's just got into the EFL team of the season will probably have plenty of offers other than us and Barnsley, teams coming down being the big ones. Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham will undoubtedly have a look to see if they can find a place for him.

fail to go up i would, but otherwise no. You are right there'll be plenty of interest for him, but we need to go for these types i think.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""