• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Football Insider claiming Bolasie is wanting 50k a week and is pricing himself out of staying.

He must be fast asleep dreaming if he thinks he’s getting anywhere near that. He was on 70 at his peak and has since dropped dramatically, had career threatening injuries and had 3 failed loan spells. I wouldn’t go any higher than 20. 

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Football Insider claiming Bolasie is wanting 50k a week and is pricing himself out of staying.

He must be fast asleep dreaming if he thinks he’s getting anywhere near that. He was on 70 at his peak and has since dropped dramatically, had career threatening injuries and had 3 failed loan spells. I wouldn’t go any higher than 20. 

That does seem a touch high 🙂

Might not be true though of course.

14 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I don't particularly blame the lad for still wanting a high salary as such. It's very unlikely he'll get that whilst staying in this country and especially in this division but that is still a £20k a week drop from what he is currently on, right? It represents a significant shift down.

Even if that is his current asking price though, that's probably highballing it and will represent a point at which anyone who wants him will have to negotiate down.

Having said that, if he's highballing at £50k, I don't think any salary he is willing to accept will ultimately represent good business for the club. I'd like him to stay but like you say, any higher than £20k I think is risky for us. The only way I can see us offering anything significantly more than that is if it's a 1-year deal, maybe with an option on our end to extend.

Yeah he's been good for us since signing but nowhere near that good. Can't see a prem club wanting him, only really had any kind of form with us over the past 2-3 years. Think he needs to decide whether playing or earning is more important for him. Given his age I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he chose one last big payday but I was hoping he could be part of the squad next season.

2 hours ago, DevKWat said:

I don’t believe this. He wouldn’t even get that if he went to Turkey and he absolutely knows we can’t pay it. It makes no sense as a story.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion, I actually don’t think he’s been that good. He’s looked hungry in some games. But in others he’s been absent. I can’t work out if that’s down to our tactics or not though. 

I wouldn’t want us to pay more than 15k for him but think we would stretch to 20 on a short term deal. I doubt he would want to stay here though on that money, but stranger things have happened. 

• Like 1

20k  a week

500k bonus if we're promoted and he scores 10 goals and 5 assists

750k bonus next season if we stay up and he gets the same in goals and assists

done

7 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

20k  a week

500k bonus if we're promoted and he scores 10 goals and 5 assists

750k bonus next season if we stay up and he gets the same in goals and assists

done

If he got 10 goals and 5 assists for us in the prem I’d want a statue made after him 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

If he got 10 goals and 5 assists for us in the prem I’d want a statue made after him 

ok, add that to the contract 😄

alright, 5 and 5 in the EPL

Kebano wont be playing tomorrow he confirms on his social media account so that is him gone I think as cant see him returning.

Had an update on the GK that I mentioned a week ago - the lad has three offers on the table, us and two other clubs that are currently involved in promotion/relegation battles. We were hoping to have him up on Monday for a medical, wanting it locked away quickly but not sure it’s going to happen that soon. 

• Thanks 3
55 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

Had an update on the GK that I mentioned a week ago - the lad has three offers on the table, us and two other clubs that are currently involved in promotion/relegation battles. We were hoping to have him up on Monday for a medical, wanting it locked away quickly but not sure it’s going to happen that soon. 

Can you say anything else about the lad, where he currently plays ect.

2 minutes ago, Oldham boro said:

Can you say anything else about the lad, where he currently plays ect.

Probably don’t want to say much beyond what I said a week ago - I’m not being given the info to share. English, mid-20’s. He’s got good pedigree, came through a Premier League Academy before moving on to get game time. He knows Warnock. I’ll reach out and see if I can give a bit more. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""